title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to see Network - Windows 10

Unable to see Network - Windows 10

I purchased Asset UPnP and db power amp Music Converter some time ago and it’s been fine, until yesterday. My PC (running Windows 10) was running slow so I ran a clean disk function and deleted a bunch of temporary files. Since then it will not work (although I can play music direct from my NAS) by passing Asset UPnP.

My problem is I am unable to select the Audio Library) (Add Folder) as despite my best efforts (and searching the forum) my set-up will not show the network so I am unable to set the route to my music on my WD my book live duo folder.

Your help would be appreciated
    Network
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Unable to see Network - Windows 10

Ensure Asset is running under the local account, not service. Then Map your network drive as a real drive letter if that does not work (remembering to click the 'Remember Password' and reconnect at login).

Hello. Yes my account is local. It has worked fine until following a slow computer, I ran a Microsoft (part of the PC not a link) disk clean, deleted a bunch of files and now I have the problem. My music is located on a WD My book live Duo, always has been and is not part of a drive (with a letter) Prior to my problem, I would load asset, then advanced settings - edit - audio library - add folder - select network see my WD - navigate to the folder that contains my music and asset would assign this root and it would play. Now when I select network, nothing on my network is shown and I am unable to select my music.

Your help would be appreciated. I did wonder if you could issue me a code so I may re-install my original purchase and solve the problem that route. Kind regards Michaelimage0.jpegimage1.jpg

Administrator

Hello. Sort for delay, was on holiday. Tried this today. Same problem unfortunately, no network devices at all are shown to map.

Administrator

The issue lies outside of Asset (if cannot map a network share outside of asset), you will have to look at the NAS and ensure it is creating a network share and can be logged in to.

OK, thanks. I will check that situation. Kind regards.