title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Insert Audio CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amkelly0814
    • Jan 2023

Insert Audio CD

DbPoweramp keeps saying &*8220;Insert Audio CD Into:&*8221;

In my case I: is the DVD drive and there is a DVD already in the drive with music on the DVD.

Why can&*8217;t it recognize the disc?

For clarification&*8230;..when I insert a regular music CD (store bought) , then dbPoweramp sees it fine. (And Rips it also) But when I put in a DVD-R &*8230;no luck&*8230;
    Can someone explain the difference or how I can fix this?
    Last edited by amkelly0814; 06-02-2023, 04:23 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Insert Audio CD

Is this?:

Microsoft have updated Windows Defender to include an option called "Controlled folder access" this basically limits every program from accessing key areas of the system unless permitted on an individual program basis. By default this option is off for Windows, however if it is enabled you should add the programs
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• amkelly0814
      • Jan 2023

Thanks. But this did not help.
      I do not use Windows Defender&*8230;.when I follow the thread and instructions provided there is no &*8220;Manage Settings&*8221; button.
      In any case I use Norton 360..and I could not find any issues with Norton controlling the dbPoweramp folders.
      As mentioned dbP sees the drive and reads the CD if it&*8217;s a old school audio CD , but not a DVD

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

CD Ripper is for ripping Audio CDs (red book standard), not for DVDs.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Michael Sargent
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2009

You need DVD Audio Extractor:

Mike

Comment

• GBrown
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by amkelly0814
            Thanks. But this did not help.
            I do not use Windows Defender&*8230;.when I follow the thread and instructions provided there is no &*8220;Manage Settings&*8221; button.
            In any case I use Norton 360..and I could not find any issues with Norton controlling the dbPoweramp folders.
            As mentioned dbP sees the drive and reads the CD if it&*8217;s a old school audio CD , but not a DVD
            What format is the music on this DVD? If they are already in a music file format (FLAC, ALAC,mp3, etc.), you can simply just copy these as data files. If these are DVD-Audio or even SACD format, you will need a different solution.

Comment

Working...

]]>