title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

It's as simple as the title to this thread. My brand new installation of dBpoweramp Music Converter will not delete the album art as part of converting a file from mp3 to flac. It simply replaces whatever is there currently with the folder.jpg option. Any help fixing this would be much appreciated. My old version worked perfectly whereas the new version does not. I have tried all the options offered in this thread. "Best way to remove embedded album art" but to no avail.

Thank you,
    Leon McEntire
    Last edited by Leon McEntire; 05-29-2023 at 08:32 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

That's strange as it worked for me with 'ID Tag Processing > Deletions > Single Tag: [Album Artwork]'.
    In the Manipulation tab, is 'Import From' set to the default '(none)'?

Administrator

Are you sure it is not your player which is taking the folder.jpg and showing it as art?

Yes, I have the settings correct. Ever since I downloaded dBpoweramp, it seems that every music folder which contains flac files and a folder.jpg now displays every flac file as the folder.jpg even if I have not edited the ID tag.
    Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    That's strange as it worked for me with 'ID Tag Processing > Deletions > Single Tag: [Album Artwork]'.In the Manipulation tab, is 'Import From' set to the default '(none)'?

I'm not referring to a player. I'm simply viewing files within folders.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Leon McEntire View Post
    Yes, I have the settings correct. Ever since I downloaded dBpoweramp, it seems that every music folder which contains flac files and a folder.jpg now displays every flac file as the folder.jpg even if I have not edited the ID tag.
    Ok so a different problem now then.
    I think you're looking to reset Windows folder view settings. I have no idea if the installation of dBpoweramp could have altered this behaviour as I tend to sandbox most installations nowadays so they don't impact my OS.

That is an excellent idea, Windows folder view settings could have been the culprit but I just tried checking and unchecking every box and it did not help. Got any other ways of changing folder views other than from the "view, options & view" tabs in the top left corner of the window? Also, in case it helps, when I access the ID tag to edit it, there is no Album Artwork at all showing so all I can do is add or change the current artwork, not tik the X to delete it.
    Last edited by Leon McEntire; 05-30-2023 at 04:47 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

That is an excellent idea, Windows folder view settings could have been the culprit but I just tried checking and unchecking every box and it did not help. Got any other ways of changing folder views other than from the "view, options & view" tabs in the top left corner of the window?
    You could try WinSetView. I have no experience of it but it's on various forums with decent looking reviews.

Also, in case it helps, when I access the ID tag to edit it, there is no Album Artwork at all showing so all I can do is add or change the current artwork, not tik the X to delete it.
    If that's on one of the files where you've removed embedded album art, isn't that expected?

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    You could try WinSetView. I have no experience of it but it's on various forums with decent looking reviews.

If that's on one of the files where you've removed embedded album art, isn't that expected?
    Yes, it is but I see album art regardless of whether there is any art assigned in dBpoweramp. I have not given up. I am searching for a non dBpoweramp solution at the moment. Thank you for your suggestions!

Don't ever try using that WinSetView program. I tried it and now I'm having to go through all my harddrives and perform "Properties" "Customize" and "Restore Default" folder view in order to view any thumbnails. it says it is easily reversible and although it did perform some reversal functions, it left me much worse off than before.

dBpoweramp Guru

Don't ever try using that WinSetView program. I tried it and now I'm having to go through all my harddrives and perform "Properties" "Customize" and "Restore Default" folder view in order to view any thumbnails. it says it is easily reversible and although it did perform some reversal functions, it left me much worse off than before.
    If you read the documentation and it didn't do as you expected you should raise an Issue on the projects GitHub repository, as they appear to be quite responsive.

I did just try running it in a sandbox but one of the steps appears to be looping, probably something to do with being sandboxed, but it looks a useful little application.

Thanks for the advice. At this point, I'm just curious as to if there is a way to tell Windows 10 not to use Folder.jpg as a default thumbnail and to use an Icon instead. I know I can turn off all thumbnails and use Icons but that's not at all what I need to do. I just can't stand seeing the folder.jpg all over the screen as it makes it hard for me to read the names of the songs. I still want to use the Extra Large Thumbnail option but I want Icons of the program used to play back my music. I have had this option forever until I downloaded and installed dBpoweramp. I wish I could go back and get my money back since it does not perform the one task that I need the most at this point. Everything else, it seems to do perfectly but it will not delete my Album Art regardless of how I try to do it. Any help from you or anyone else would be very much appreciated!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

Everything else, it seems to do perfectly but it will not delete my Album Art regardless of how I try to do it.
    In response to my post stating that I successfully used dBpoweramp to remove album art, you appeared to move onto another problem you were having with File Explorer.
    You also said:
    Also, in case it helps, when I access the ID tag to edit it, there is no Album Artwork at all showing so all I can do is add or change the current artwork, not tik the X to delete it.
    Which I thought confirmed that your files no longer had embedded album art.

Ignoring the File Explorer issue for a second, are you still saying that you haven't managed to remove album art with dBpoweramp using the method I outlined above?
    To triple check if there's embedded album art try opening the file with Mp3Tag.
    Last edited by simbun; 06-04-2023 at 03:02 PM.

I'm sorry for appearing to move to another problem. I'm probably just not clearly expressing my problem in the correct language. I will try to say what my problem is to clear it up as it has not changed since the beginning. Ok, before I installed dBpoweramp, I was used to opening File Explorer to a folder of music and seeing my preferred view of Extra Large icons of the program used to open each particular file. Winamp for .flac and .mp3 files and Pot Player for .mp4 files. I like that and I have had that for the last couple of decades at least. Occasionally, I would encounter a folder which displayed thumbnails of folder.jpg instead of icons for .flac files. In which case, I would edit the ID Tag and remove them so I could resume my preferred view. After installing dBpoweramp, I immediately noticed that every folder containing .flac, .mp3 and .mp4 files displayed the folder.jpg on every song instead of the icons mentioned earlier. I attempted to remove them in various ways available using dBpoweramp but I was unsuccessful. I am still burdened by this problem. Every other function of dBpoweramp appears to be working perfectly such as displaying ID Tag info when hovering over a file, converting .flac files to .mp3 files, etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. When I uninstall it, everything goes back to normal and looks perfectly the same as it has forever so I know it's dBpoweramp causing the issue. I have searched the internet for a solution and I have asked a few different forums but I am still having the same problem. All I want is to see my Winamp icons for .flac, .mp3 and Pot Player for mp4 files. I cannot disable thumbnails in Folder Options in order to see icons as that is universal and I cannot see any thumbnails at all as you know. I hope that clearly states both my problem and my desired results. Notice that although it appears in dBpoweramp that I have no Album Art, I do have it on every song.

mothers.jpg
    Last edited by Leon McEntire; 06-04-2023 at 04:00 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Notice that although it appears in dBpoweramp that I have no Album Art, I do have it on every song.mothers.jpg
    To me that image shows there isn't any embedded album art, but to be 100% sure open the file in Mp3Tag/foobar2000.

In dBpoweramp Control Center under 'Configuration > Advanced Settings', have you tried disabling some of the Windows Explorer Integrations?