title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

Re: Music Converter ID Tag Processing will not delete album art

simbun, you are a genius!!!! For future reference, in case this ever comes up again, I disabled the Windows Explorer Integration entitled "Thumbnail and Property Handler" then clicked "Exclusions" and chose .flac, .mp3 and .mp4 and I am now able to edit the ID Tags and delete the Album Artwork!!! Holy crap, Also, I am noticing that now, when I open a folder of music, instead of seeing folder.jpgs all over the place, I am back to seeing the exact same thing I have been used to all these years! What a relief! Now I don't even have to delete thousands of folder.jpg files as they are not automatically appearing anymore! I must admit, this was not a very intuitive solution. I was not aware of what all those advanced integrations did so I never thought to explore that option on my own. I'm really grateful for your patience with me and your knowledge of the options you provided me along the way. This means an awful lot to me! I really appreciate it smbun!!!
    Last edited by Leon McEntire; 06-04-2023 at 04:31 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Happy to help

Hey there simbun, I just wanted to add a note for your future reference. I noticed that I wasn't getting a full reading of ID Tag info like I wanted so I opened dBpoweramp, went to Configuration, Enable Popup Information Tips, Advanced, and Exclude Popup for Extensions and declicked the .flac, .mp3 etc. files where I wanted the info to appear. Well, that action caused the problem I originally had to come back. I noticed folder.jpgs all over the place. Of course, now that I know how to fix that, thanks to you, I went back and repeated the actions I did to alleviate the problem originally and it worked! I only mention this because I feel that if it happened to me, it could happen to someone else and I wanted to be on the record, adding my 2 cents about how to fix that problem really quick. I don't understand why it occurred but since it was such an easy fix, it's not a big deal. Thank you again for all of your help in my original issue. I'm much more able to attack a problem if there is an intuitive solution than it there is not. dBpoweramp is an excellent product and I would highly recommend it to anyone serious about their business but some of the more detailed options, and there are quite a lot of them, are not terms with which I am aware. Therefore, I am thankful for this forum and for people like you who have the patience to assist people like me who, even though I am fairly well educated and have been in the music/audio/video business all of my life, still need some help occasionally.