title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Convert entire library - convert lossless Copy lossy

Convert entire library - convert lossless Copy lossy

New user to the music converter. Looking to make a copy of my music library for an MP3 player. The majority of the library is in a lossless format while the rest is in a few different loosy formats of different bit rates. I'd like to do a batch convert of all the lossless files (bit rate > than 320kbps) and just COPY anything with a lesser bit rate. Preferably, while keeping the existing folder structure of the original library. And, if this could be setup where I could 'update' the library for the MP3 player when I add new stuff to the main library (without re-copying or re-converting everything, that would be cool!

I've seen how to skip, or unselect, the lower bit rate files. But I've not found if there is a way to just have them be copied.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Convert entire library - convert lossless Copy lossy

There's likely a way to do this with the converter (not sure). But for sure there is an easy way to do this with a companion product, TuneFusion. I create on the fly conversions from my main FLAC library to lossy (I use mp3) for use on my iPhone and iPad. I can set to convert lossless files and simply copy over lossy files "as is". And I can have it maintain or create any directory structure I wish. See:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

Re: Convert entire library - convert lossless Copy lossy

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    There's likely a way to do this with the converter (not sure). But for sure there is an easy way to do this with a companion product, TuneFusion. I create on the fly conversions from my main FLAC library to lossy (I use mp3) for use on my iPhone and iPad. I can set to convert lossless files and simply copy over lossy files "as is". And I can have it maintain or create any directory structure I wish. See:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm
    Cool. Thank you. I'll give that a try!