title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp Reference won't convert .wma to.flac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IslandBoy
    • May 2023

dBpoweramp Reference won't convert .wma to.flac

I've had dBpoweramp (paid-for) since R14 in 2013. I had used it many times in the past to convert .wma to .flac.

I discovered today that I'd missed a few files so turned to dBpoweramp (now at R16.6 64-bit), did the convert-to right click and I get the following error message:

Error converting to FLAC, 'C:\Users\FYL\OneDrive\Music\Spoken Word\ISIHAC\ISIHAC Humph in Wonderland\02 Humph Down the Rabbit Hole.wma' to 'C:\Users\FYL\OneDrive\Music\Spoken Word\ISIHAC\ISIHAC Humph in Wonderland\02 Humph Down the Rabbit Hole.flac'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

In Codec Central, it says that "Windows Media Audio (WMA) Microsoft V10 Pro, standard, lossless & voice. Windows Only [.wma, .asf, .wmv]" is "Included with dBpoweramp Reference"

In the Audio Codecs List / Options of dBpoweramp itself, it does NOT list WMA Decoder under Decoder Options or Installed Decoders.

How can I get dBpoweramp to install the wma codec so I can convert my wma to flac as I used to?
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: dBpoweramp Reference won't convert .wma to.flac

Which OS are you running?

Comment

• IslandBoy
      • May 2023

Originally posted by Wayne
      Which OS are you running?
      Windows. Specifically Windows 11 Pro. Windows 11 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1778)

On a Dell Latitude. 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1185G7 @ 3.00GHz 1.80 GHz. 32 GB RAM. 64-bit
      Last edited by IslandBoy; 05-26-2023, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

WMA was standard in R17 or newer.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• IslandBoy
          • May 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
          WMA was standard in R17 or newer.
          It must have been possible before as all my CD rips were in .wma and I converted them into .flac. Was the wma codec previously available and now it isn't except in R17?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It previously would have been an install on its own, we do not have that now.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simbun
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by IslandBoy
              It must have been possible before as all my CD rips were in .wma and I converted them into .flac. Was the wma codec previously available and now it isn't except in R17?
              You should be able to get it from the internet archive here.

Comment

Working...

]]>