title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Apply ReplayGain to FLAC Files But Some Error Out

Apply ReplayGain to FLAC Files But Some Error Out

I host FLAC files on QNAP server. Sample errors across two ministry albums:

Code:
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/08 - You Know What You Are.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/08 - You Know What You Are.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/09 - I Prefer.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/09 - I Prefer.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/10 - Flashback.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/10 - Flashback.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/11 - Abortive.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/The Land of Rape and Honey/11 - Abortive.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/01 - Effigy (I'm Not an).flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/01 - Effigy (I'm Not an).flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/02 - Revenge.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/02 - Revenge.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/03 - I Wanted To Tell Her.flac'
       Error opening file '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/03 - I Wanted To Tell Her.flac', check no other program has it open. Too many open files (errno:24)  [Open]
    Error converting to [ReplayGain], '/Volumes/Qmultimedia/Music/FLAC/Ministry/With Sympathy/04 - Work For Love.flac'
    The FLAC Folder permissions for each is 775 and the FLAC files are 775 too. I have another mInistry album "Early Trap" with same permissions but that album didn't appear in the Apply ReplayGain Errors list. I can use MP3Tag on Mac mini to edit these file's tags with no problem so BatchConvert shouldn't have a problem either. There are quite few more albums that are in the Error list too. I rebooted the QNAP but still same outcome. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
    Dan

Administrator

Re: Apply ReplayGain to FLAC Files But Some Error Out

This is an operating system error, too many files open. Try rebooting the QNAP.

I did reboot the QNAP and same error problem. Should I move half of the files into temp folder and run it on that then on the other folder and then re-merge?

Administrator

Rip them first to your pc, then move after ripping to qnap

I do rip them on my PC with ReplayGain. But after I upgraded I didn't realize dbPoweramp reset things to default. So I will move the files by groups to Mac to apply replayGain then move back. Have a good one!