title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to see list of all metadata from batch run

How to see list of all metadata from batch run

Is it possible to see all the metadata from the individual tracks that the program is able to put together upon completion of a batch run?

I know there is the results txt file that gets generated, but it does not have the track names that the program decides on.

I also see a .bin file in the results folder getting generated from each run, but I can't find any way to open that file. Is there some trick to opening that file if the detailed metadata is found inside?

Administrator

Re: How to see list of all metadata from batch run

It is a binary file, not for looking at. Sorry I do not think you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is a binary file, not for looking at. Sorry I do not think you can.
    Ok, so no obvious way to see the metadata from the individual tracks upon completion of a batch run?

Would need to write a custom script to get that data from the tracks themselves?

dBpoweramp Guru

Take a look at the export function in mp3tag (if you are not familiar with it, it is a free very powerful tagging program for audio files, just about any format, not just mp3) It looks like the export function can be set up to do what you want.