title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using two writers or CD rippers on the same computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrD1955
    • May 2023

Using two writers or CD rippers on the same computer

Can the CD ripping process allowed or can TWO different CD's be ripped simultaneously to save time? I have TWO in my main machine from which I'm ripping my CD collection; being able to use both at the same time would be a great time saver. Thus can I insert TWO different music CD's in my drives and then start CD ripper; have it recognize both music disks and rip them?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Using two writers or CD rippers on the same computer

Yes just start two instances of dbpoweramp. Within each select a cd drive.

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

Re: Using two writers or CD rippers on the same computer

As Gary said, yes you can run multiple instances of dBpoweramp on the same PC. I typically run 5 or so instances simultaneously (using three video monitors to keep my sanity as to which is which). Do be aware there is some interaction, when inserting a new CD in one instance, the other instances may pause ripping until the instance with the new CD recognizes and reads it. But, yes, running multiple instances can speed things up. Do spend enough time to verify the accuracy of the metadata that is retrieved, it is much faster to sort that out before ripping than to have to correct it after the fact.

Comment

Working...

]]>