title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Single track rip error replicated on 3 of the same albums, 3 different drives

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirAtilla
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2015

Single track rip error replicated on 3 of the same albums, 3 different drives

I have been trying to get the Prince album "The Hits/The B-Sides" correctly ripped, at least in terms of AccurateRip, for a few weeks. This is a 3 CD album. Disc 1 with 18 tracks rips correctly. Disc 2 with 18 tracks always provides inaccurate result on final track number 18. Disc 2 with 20 tracks always provides inaccurate result on final track number 20.

I started with my original album that I have owned for a decade at least and tried on three different CD readers all with same result. I then acquired brand new albums (x2) with each one resulting in exact same error. I did submit all results through dBpoweramp.

At this point I am questioning after 3 different copies of the album, 3 different CD drives, including one at the top of accuracy listing, that is the entry stored in the AccurateRip DB actually correct? There are 200 samples (AR 200) so certainly a lot of data. I have reconfigured dBpoweramp with various settings with no change in outcome.

Songs play fine this is now become a personal deep dive to understand this one particular entry.

Any ideas or data that could be examined to explain this? The fact the discs have a lot of tracks and it's the last two tracks on two of the CDs also makes me wonder if we are hitting limits of mechanism movement or something related.

Appreciate any thoughts
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Single track rip error replicated on 3 of the same albums, 3 different drives

Try a different computer, rip without changing any settings in dBpoweramp.

With the results at 200 (it is capped at 200, so the real number is higher).

Your CD drives are different makes?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SirAtilla
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2015

Re: Single track rip error replicated on 3 of the same albums, 3 different drives

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try a different computer, rip without changing any settings in dBpoweramp.

With the results at 200 (it is capped at 200, so the real number is higher).

Your CD drives are different makes?
      Yes all three are different drives. I will try on my laptop (versus iMac where I normally do this) and report back results.

Comment

• SirAtilla
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2015

Hi Spoon,

Completed test using two different drives on my MacBook Pro with exact same results. It's what I would have expected to happen given same OS etc but been around computing long enough to know experiential sometimes finds what you don't anticipate.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It might be related to macOS some how, in how it is reading the last track on those discs, not sure.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SirAtilla
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
            It might be related to macOS some how, in how it is reading the last track on those discs, not sure.
            I do have dBpoweramp in a Windows Virtual Machine for occasions when I have a disc that is not in AccurateRip so I can submit those discs. I get same results there but its is virtualized on top of macOS to be fair. Other than being sorta OCD for trying to have 100% clean library this is not causing any issues like I said playback is fine.

I think we can let this one drop for now as there is no obvious answer.

Appreciate the dialogue and suggestions.

Comment

Working...

]]>