title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: UPnP on Router Required to Run AssetUPnP??

UPnP on Router Required to Run AssetUPnP??

Probably a dumb question, but I've started having timeouts when trying to reach my instances of AssetUPnP.

I had some recent network vulnerabilities, and one of the suggestions to increase security was to turn off UPnP Service in my router.

I'm wondering if the two are related, or if AssetUPnP is dependent on UPnP running on the router.

Administrator

Re: UPnP on Router Required to Run AssetUPnP??

It is not required.

Try restarting all your devices.

Restarted everything to no avail.
    I can see the service running in Ubuntu via systemctl status.
    And my other servers (BubbleUPnP, Plex, Jellyfin) are all accessible.
    Its like the port forwarding isn't working, but it is set up exactly the same way as the other media servers.

I ran the uninstall script and then reinstalled. Same thing. Got a gremlin somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ckronengold View Post
    Restarted everything to no avail.

Its like the port forwarding isn't working, but it is set up exactly the same way as the other media servers.

I ran the uninstall script and then reinstalled. Same thing. Got a gremlin somewhere.
    Gremlin found. The port on the Ubunutu firewall wasn't open. Not sure when my old firewall rules got updated, but we're in business.
    Last edited by ckronengold; 05-15-2023 at 09:28 PM.

Sorry to jump on this thread but I need to find how to post a new thread and I can't find such a link anywhere. Can anyone help me post a question to this forum?

dBpoweramp Guru

Assuming you are a member and logged on, which seems to be the case since you posted here, click on the forum you want to post on. When the forum posts display, look at the top of the list on the left hand side (at least on my PC), there is a box (black) saying "post a new thread). It won't appear when you are reading new threads, or on a page that displays more than one forum.