title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping CDs from external USB CD drive to mapped NAS network drive impossible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddib
    • Sep 2022

Ripping CDs from external USB CD drive to mapped NAS network drive impossible?

Hi,

Currently trying to build some sort of Windows tool computer for ripping and conversion with dBpoweramp CD ripper.
    My CD drive is an external USB drive which is not recognized by the ripper though, by Windows file explorer and other apps without any issue. So, I learned I have to run the ripper as administrator. After that, drive is detected and works properly.
    The only drawback is that with "run as administrator" the ripper is not able to show me my mapped network drive. Again, Windows file explorer and other apps are able to use it without any problems.
    So, currently, I'm stuck with CD ripper. While external USB CD drive is detected, mapped network drives aren't. Not using "run as administrator" allows CD ripper to detect network drives, but not the external USB CD drive. 100% reproducible.

Hope anyone out there can help here :-)

All with Windows 10.

Thanks,
    Matthias
    Last edited by maddib; 05-07-2023, 08:45 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping CDs from external USB CD drive to mapped NAS network drive impossible?

Check is not this:

Microsoft have updated Windows Defender to include an option called "Controlled folder access" this basically limits every program from accessing key areas of the system unless permitted on an individual program basis. By default this option is off for Windows, however if it is enabled you should add the programs
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maddib
      • Sep 2022

Re: Ripping CDs from external USB CD drive to mapped NAS network drive impossible?

Originally posted by Spoon
      Thanks for your hint! On my machine this option is disabled, though.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You will have a security profile set then which limits access to the cd drive. dBpoweramp needs to access the drive directly which is a level above windows file explorer (or another app) reading files from the cd drive.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>