title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need help to rename in batch converstion?

Need help to rename in batch converstion?

Hi,

I'm trying to rename tracks in batch conversion and nothing I try works.

Firsly I cannot manage to make the year just YYYY instead of including month and day too. I've read the webpage on the commands to use but I can't get anything to work. I tried GRAB but just got the word GRAB in the filenames.

The other thing I want to do is replace blanks with _ and replace any characters that Linux doesn't like.

My music is on a Windows machine but I want to copy it to a Raspberry Pi. On the Pi I will use LMS and Asset.

Each time I tried to copy files to the Pi the copy command got upset with an & and tried to treat the rest of the filename as a command. This is almost certainly due to my ignorance and incompetence in copying as I have no idea of the best way of doing it.

I think I should have sorted out these issues when I did the initial ripping but I failed to do that, mainly as I had no idea I needed to.

Any help much appreciated.

DLD

Administrator

Re: Need help to rename in batch converstion?

It is likely you need to change the ID tags, not filename, which naming does.

Hi Spoon,

Sorry I don't understand your reply. If I change the ID tags then I get that the new filenames would be what I want. But how do I do that for all of my flac files.

There are various things I got wrong when I ripped the CD's but I didn't know that at the time. I also didn't work out a file naming system properly.

I hoped I could fix these things with Batch Converter. Can I?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dld-uk View Post
    firsly i cannot manage to make the year just yyyy instead of including month and day too. I've read the webpage on the commands to use but i can't get anything to work. I tried grab but just got the word grab in the filenames
    [GRAB]1,4,[YEAR][]

Quote Originally Posted by dld-uk View Post
    the other thing i want to do is replace blanks with _ and replace any characters that linux doesn't like.

My music is on a windows machine but i want to copy it to a raspberry pi. On the pi i will use lms and asset.

Each time i tried to copy files to the pi the copy command got upset with an & and tried to treat the rest of the filename as a command. This is almost certainly due to my ignorance and incompetence in copying as i have no idea of the best way of doing it.
    Your windows filenames will be fine on Linux, how are you transferring them?

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    [GRAB]1,4,[YEAR][]

Your windows filenames will be fine on Linux, how are you transferring them?
    Thank you. I nearly got it right. I just missed off the last []

I don't remember how I did the copy now. I just know that when it came across the & in the filename it treated the rest of the filename as a command.

How do you recommend doing the copy?

dBpoweramp Guru

I actually use FreeFileSync but I would have thought most sync programs should be fine.