title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Long time dBpoweramp user, but missing features after installation on new system

Long time dBpoweramp user, but missing features after installation on new system

Hello, everyone! I hope you are all well this morning/afternoon/evening.

I have been using dbPoweramp Reference for so many years now I don't even know how long it's been. I had it on my old system and, once it was set up how I liked it, used it for applying ReplayGain tag data to thousands upon thousands of tracks with never the slightest trouble and never a second thought to how I'd set it all up in the first place. It just worked. The hours of time it has saved me are incalculable. So, when my old PC suddenly up and died on me, as I started compiling a list of programs that I was going to install on my new system, dBpoweramp was pretty much at the top of my list, second only to the OS. That's literally how much I depend on it. Anyway, after two false-starts with new PCs, the third one has been the charm and I've been setting it all up how I like it.

This is where the trouble starts. I installed dBpoweramp Reference from a Registration Retrieval. The front 'selector' screen tells me I have "Reference Registered" but when I come to use the Music Convertor, on the pull-down list of "Encoding" options, the "Replaygain" utility codec is missing. Which means I now have to destructively re-encode (that's a word now) every file if I want to add simple ReplayGain data to the tag. Obviously, this is less than ideal for numerous reasons.

I wonder if it's because my version is so old and it's been so long since I purchased my licence. I don't know the exact date I made my original purchase - as I say it's been several years - but I have release 16.6, if that means anything to anyone. It's certainly been longer than the two years of software updates specified in the software licencing.

I'd gladly buy a new licence to upgrade to the latest version if I could be sure it would bring back all the utility codecs, but having just recently bought a new PC at a time when everyday living expenses are through the roof, I'd rather not spend any more money than I absolutely have to if I don't know that it's going to solve my problem.

And if it's not an older licence that's the issue, can anyone tell me how to reinstall/reacquire the Utility Codecs? Please?

Cheers!

monkfish

Administrator

Re: Long time dBpoweramp user, but missing features after installation on new system

Re: Long time dBpoweramp user, but missing features after installation on new system

YEEESSSS!

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for! I was going mad looking for that page, then it's just a quick download and an instant fix. Perfect. And the sixteen threads of my shiny new PC chews through hundreds of files almost as quick. Colour me one satisfied customer. Thanks again

monkfish

Yes! That did it. I was going mad looking for that page but then it was a quick download and an instant fix. Colour me one satisfied customer.

Many thanks indeed!

monkfish