title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: writer speed

writer speed

My cd writer can write at x1, x2 and x4, but dBwriter shows the speeds x1, x3, and x6. If I choose x6, of course, it fails, but if I choose X3 it seems to burn at x1.
    Is there a way I can get an option to burn at x2 or x4?

Administrator

Re: writer speed

Using CD-R or CD-RW discs?

I'm using CD-R disks.

Administrator

Not really sure why the correct drive speeds are not showing, what is the make of CD writer?

It's an external Logitec (not Logitech), but the actual drive is made by Ricoh. I think it's a Ricoh RW 7063A, but with a ROM which makes it less capable.
    It is connected through USB-ATA/ATAPI. Logitec is a Japanese company.

Thanks. I guess I may have to live with x1 and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm
    It's an external Logitec (not Logitech), but the actual drive is made by Ricoh. I think it's a Ricoh RW 7063A, but with a ROM which makes it less capable.
    It is connected through USB-ATA/ATAPI. Logitec is a Japanese company.

Thanks. I guess I may have to live with x1 and be patient.
    Errrr.... are those the same speeds of all cd burners? Mine works at a top speed of 52x and I cannot even burn at less than 8x. Which is too bad since for best quality I'd prefer being able to burn at 1x, even if it takes much longer. Although this burner (LG 52x32x52x)seems to burn audio cd's just fine at 8x, unlike my old one that would skip even at 4x.

It's strange because normally the RW 7063A burns up to x6, but my drive (logitec version) seems to have been downgraded and sold at a cheaper price.
    Does that even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ibm
    It's strange because normally the RW 7063A burns up to x6, but my drive (logitec version) seems to have been downgraded and sold at a cheaper price.
    Does that even make sense?
    I don't know if it applies to your case, but in the past I've run into CD R's that wouldn't burn at high speeds, they'd not even reach their maximum stated spead. So I'd buy cd's rated 32x and I'd have to settle for them to be burned at maybe 12x tops. Or before that, cd's rated 20x and they'd burn at most at 8x-10x.