title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ver 11-25-22 Messing up the YEAR tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chippe01
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2018

Ver 11-25-22 Messing up the YEAR tag

Since the previous version (11-25-22), there seems to be a problem with the YEAR tag on all newly created files.

This happens whether or not I RIP from CD to FLAC using CD ripper. or if I create WAV files then convert to FLAC.

While the years are showing correctly in the actual FLAC files, they no longer display in my music library software (Sony Music Center for PC), and they don't display the year on my Sony Walkmans either.

The Media Monkey software does show the years.

Was there some change in how the TAG data is written in FLAC files?

I'm doing what I have always done Either 1) ripping CD's in CD Ripper, or 2) recording ALBUMS and 45 singles into adobe Audition, fixing them up and saving as WAV files - 24/96 for LP's and 24/48 for singles. I then add all necessary tags with MP3 tagger, then supplement the tags using the DBPA Edit ID Tags right click menu option to add additional tags that MP3 tag does not handle. I then convert these WAV files to FLAC using the converter right click menu option of DBPA.

When I'm done, all of my files are completely tagged, including the years, but Sony's Music Center for PC no longer shows the year on the newly added files, and neither do both of my Sony Walkmans. The previously added files still display the years properly in both software and on the Walkmans, it's just affecting the NEW files I create / add.

It's not MP3 tag doing anything, because when I rip directly with DB Power amp, I don't use MP3 tag as part of my workflow. I only use MP3Tag when I record my vinyl to automatically tag the files from the file name.

What has changed?
    Last edited by chippe01; 04-19-2023, 08:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ver 11-25-22 Messing up the YEAR tag

If you have mp3tag, check an old flac file and new flac file and look at the year tag, they should be the same.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chippe01
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2018

I don't understand. MP3 Tag has fixed tag fields. Whether I look at an older FLAC file or a newer FLAC file, the year is present in the YEAR TAG. The same goes for the DBPA right-click Properties and Edit ID Tags. The YEAR tag is populated with the correct year. Even windows shows the YEAR when add that column in windows explorer.

I had ripped a CD tonight with CD Ripper and the years are populated for each track in all of the ripped tracks. But again, they don't show in my media software or on my Sony Walkman.

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by chippe01
        I don't understand. MP3 Tag has fixed tag fields. Whether I look at an older FLAC file or a newer FLAC file, the year is present in the YEAR TAG. The same goes for the DBPA right-click Properties and Edit ID Tags. The YEAR tag is populated with the correct year. Even windows shows the YEAR when add that column in windows explorer.

I had ripped a CD tonight with CD Ripper and the years are populated for each track in all of the ripped tracks. But again, they don't show in my media software or on my Sony Walkman.
        It seems to me like you've narrowed the problem down to Sony, have you asked in their forums?

Flac actualy stores this information in a tag called DATE, I wonder if Sony would see it if you created a new tag called YEAR.
        Have you tried with any other formats e.g. MP3?

Comment

Working...

]]>