title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help for new member please

Help for new member please

Hello everyone
    I am fairly new to the download and ripping generation. I have a vortextbox for storing my ripped data. I have recently re set my laptop and lost my old application. So redownloaded programme again today, the programme is Ripping the CDs as I remember but they are not going to the vortexbox ? Do I have to reconfigure in some way? as I stupidly thought it would just connect automatically. Thanks everyone

Administrator

Re: Help for new member please

You are using dBpoweramp (on a PC or laptop) to rip to vortexbox?

hi on my laptop

Also where have the CDs I ripped today gone? They are not showing on the vortex box but have been ripped ?

Administrator

Likely to the Music Folder on your HDD

Yes thank you , have found them !! It is ripping them to the Music Folder on the HDD. So how can I get them onto the Vortexbox from there ? Or why is it not ripping them to the Vortexbox? which the old set up did? Appreciate your help

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Yes thank you , have found them !! It is ripping them to the Music Folder on the HDD. So how can I get them onto the Vortexbox from there ? Or why is it not ripping them to the Vortexbox? which the old set up did? Appreciate your help
    You did a fresh setup, how would dBPoweramp know where you want it to go? The default is always the standard user/Music folder. If you have a different preference you need to change that in the rip location.

Administrator

Bottom left change the Path location to the network share.

Thank you. Also worked out that I can copy and paste from music folder to the Flac folder which takes it into the Vortex / logitech . Will try your advice also. Thanks

there is no network share location

Administrator

To write to the vortexbox there needs to be a network share which CD ripper can write to, this would be setup on the vortex box itself.

dBpoweramp Guru

When I had a vortexbox, I assigned a drive letter on my windows computer for the vortexbox storage location. That said, I would personally never rip directly to that drive. I did (and currently do) all my ripping to my local windows computer where I run dbpa, and then after ripping a few disks I'll make sure everything is how I want it and then copy those files over to my network server (now using an rPi4 with attached 4TB USB drive for LMS rather than a vortexbox).

Thank you everyone.