title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert .mp4 to .mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PugetSoundDJ
    • Apr 2023

Convert .mp4 to .mp3

Hey there,

I am moving to a new computer and have installed Music Converter Reference Windows R2023-1-20. On the older machine, I believe I was using dBpoweramp Reference R17.7.

I could have SWORN that in the past, I could right-click on one or more .mp4 files and I would get the "convert to" function on the menu and then could click to convert them to .mp3. But now, when I right-click on an .mp4 file, I don't get a "convert to" option.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!

Alan
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Convert .mp4 to .mp3

are you using Windows 11? If so, when you right click, there is something like "more" at the bottom of the list that pops up. Click this and see if the convert to option is there.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Try uninstall dBpoweramp, full shutdown and restart of Windows and reinstall dBpoweramp.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Thermospore
        • Apr 2023

Hello, I have noticed the same issue (`Convert To` option no longer shows up in context menu for mp4 files)

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (build 19044) and just updated from dBpoweramp Reference R15.3 to R2023-1-20

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

MP4 is a video file, if it is audio rename to .m4a
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GBrown
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2009

Or if these are downloaded iTunes m4p audio files (not mp4 video), these are DRM protected and I do not think they can be converted.

Comment

• Bernie_Sondi
              • Jun 2023

Originally posted by Thermospore
              Hello, I have noticed the same issue (`Convert To` option no longer shows up in context menu for mp4 files)

I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (build 19044) and just updated from dBpoweramp Reference R15.3 to R2023-1-20
              Hi
              I have bought dbPowerAmp today and I installed it also on Windows 10 64 bit... and I have the same effect.
              There is no possibility to get the "Convert To" by right click in the Context menu.
              I searhed for ... also in the regedit but didn't found any hint.
              What's wrong?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Uninstall dbpoweramp, full restart of windows then reinstall dbpoweramp.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopalong
                  • May 2007

I am on Windows 10 Home x64, version 22H2, and just installed dBRefMusic-2023-06-15.exe, 32 bit

I have no Convert option too, even though I did the " Uninstall dbpoweramp, full restart of windows then reinstall dbpoweramp." sequence.

The MusicConverter.exe converts fine when I select an mp4 file and the .mp4 file type.

I rarely converted mp4 files, and I used ffmpeg, I don't remember why I didn't use dbpoweramp.
                  Last edited by Spoon; 06-17-2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• hopalong
                    • May 2007

Solved.

I found in my note file from 2020.10.14. the link

Hello! In the past, I have been able right click an MP4 that I created and choose convert to MP3and it seems with the update to 17.2 that this is no longer an option. I don't even get the Music Converter option in the context menu when right clicking an MP4. "Convert to" is there when click an MP3, but like I said in

Spoon
                    10-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Re: No longer can convert MP4 to MP3

mp4 or m4a? mp4 is excluded as default for convert to because it is video file not an audio.

You can remove the exclusion in the Control Center >> Advanced >> exclusions next to 'convert to'

I don't know why this setting has changed - I removed again the MP4 exclusion, and I can Convert again MP4-

Comment

• hopalong
                      • May 2007

Solved.

I found in my note file from 2020.10.14. the link

Hello! In the past, I have been able right click an MP4 that I created and choose convert to MP3and it seems with the update to 17.2 that this is no longer an option. I don't even get the Music Converter option in the context menu when right clicking an MP4. "Convert to" is there when click an MP3, but like I said in

Spoon
                      10-12-2020, 09:33 PM

Re: No longer can convert MP4 to MP3

mp4 or m4a? mp4 is excluded as default for convert to because it is video file not an audio.

You can remove the exclusion in the Control Center >> Advanced >> exclusions next to 'convert to'

I don't know why (how) this setting has changed - I removed again the MP4 exclusion, and I can Convert again MP4.

Comment

Working...

]]>