title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wave File Metadata ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsprice
    • Apr 2021

Wave File Metadata ???

We have a large number of digital audio files - some on Digital Audio Players and some on PCs. On our Windows 10 PC I have noticed that File Explorer shows which .wav files were ripped wit dbpoweramp. The dbpowerampinfo shows up on both the ID-Tag and Audio-Properties tabs. I assume this data was written as part of the metadata when we ripped the CD.

I have a Visual Basic program that provides access to .wav file metadata. I am able to read fields like Creation Date, Time / Length, Genre, etc. but I have not been able to figure out how to access the encoding field that identifies the file as being created by dbpoweramp. Does anybody know how to capture the encoding info with a Visual Basic script? I guess I could manually inspect every .wav file with Windows Explorer and then enter the encoding data in a field that I don't care abut in the metadata.

If you can provide any assistance, I thank you,
    bsprice
    bprice_sprice@yahoo.com
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Wave File Metadata ???

Install Audio Info,
    and convert all the files to 'Audio Info' as the encoder through batch ripper:

enable the extensive audio info
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>