title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conditional Encoding

Post Conditional Encoding

Hi

My music collection consists of mainly lossless ALAC files. A few albums though are in MP3.
    The file types my media player in my car is able to play is limited to (compressed) AAC or MP3 files.
    This is why I wanted to create a MP3 collection of my entire music collection to be able to use it in my car.

While everything seems quite clear to me, I do not get conditional encoding. :(

What I want to achieve is that

1. I do not have to re-create the entire collection each time but only the files that have been added to the source and that do not yet exist in the destination
    2. if the batch converter hits an MP3 file, it should only copy it to the destination folder but not re-encode it (of course only if it has not been copied there in a previous batch convert operation)

So what I did was creating two conditional encoding rules:

• Rule 1: Action 'skip file' 'if any condition matches': Bitrate 'not checked', Bitdepth 'not checked', Has Extension '', Sample Rate 'not checked', General: 'Destination Exists'
    • Rule 2: Action 'Copy 1:1 Source to Destination' 'if All conditions match': Bitrate 'not checked', Bitdepth 'not checked', Has Extension 'mp3', Sample Rate 'not checked', General: 'Destination Does not Exist'

Rule 1 seems to work fine, however rule 2 does not seem to be regarded at all. dBpoweramp will still re-encode all files that are already in the mp3 format in the source directory. I tried to delete rule 1 to see if rule 2 would work then, but unfortunately it did not either. I then tried to specify the file type with dot (i.e. '.mp3') but this didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
    I use dBpoweramp Release 2023-01-20 on macOS Ventura.

Vandroiy

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Conditional Encoding

Quote Originally Posted by Vandroiy View Post
    What I want to achieve is that
    1. I do not have to re-create the entire collection each time but only the files that have been added to the source and that do not yet exist in the destination
    2. if the batch converter hits an MP3 file, it should only copy it to the destination folder but not re-encode it (of course only if it has not been copied there in a previous batch convert operation)

So what I did was creating two conditional encoding rules:
    • Rule 1: Action 'skip file' 'if any condition matches': Bitrate 'not checked', Bitdepth 'not checked', Has Extension '', Sample Rate 'not checked', General: 'Destination Exists'
    • Rule 2: Action 'Copy 1:1 Source to Destination' 'if All conditions match': Bitrate 'not checked', Bitdepth 'not checked', Has Extension 'mp3', Sample Rate 'not checked', General: 'Destination Does not Exist'
    Where in Batch Converter can you specify rules?

On the screen where you set the encoder settings. There is a list of DSP settings on the bottom of the screen. You can add several DSP settings, one of them is called Conditional Encoding. When you add it, you can specify a rule. According to the online help this is meant for achieving what I have in mind :-)

Vandroiy

Administrator

You would be best with TuneFUSION

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm