title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Long delay to get metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cushions
    • Mar 2023

Long delay to get metadata

I got dbpoweramp for the first time a few weeks ago.

I have been ripping CDs successfully until this morning. I put in a CD (live recording, limited release) very recently made by an artist which had no metadata. A box automatically came up to search for the data, using the artist and album names. I did that and it worked fine, aside from obviously having no accuraterip. I think the metadata came from Discogs.

However, since then, whenever I put a disc in to rip it takes a couple of minutes to get through the metadata retrieval stage and allow me to rip the disc. Initially, I thought it might be a problem with one of the sources as it always 'hung/paused' on Discogs. But I tried unticking Discogs as a source and it did the same thing anyway - always on the last of the sources that it checks. When it does finally get through, there is now no data from Discogs.

It feels like the manual data from the live recording disc has somehow got stuck on a clipboard somewhere and that's stopping new metadata coming through.

I have the latest version and I've tried different discs and reset the software and computer, but it hasn't worked.

Can somebody help me, as having a two-minute delay for every disc is way too frustrating!

Many thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Long delay to get metadata

We were updating servers (getting PerfectTUNES so can move to a new datacenter, is 400+GB so was down for a little bit to make a clean copy), should be good from here on in.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cushions
      • Mar 2023

Re: Long delay to get metadata

Ok, great - thanks for that. I thought I was doing something stupid...

Comment

Working...

]]>