title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with playlists in Naim App after migrating Asset

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Problem with playlists in Naim App after migrating Asset

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    One other option that might be worth considering is MusicBee.

I've used and recommended it before mainly because of its Tag Inspector (it shows you the actual ID3 frame being used) but it looks like it handles playlists quite well, and it's portable (if desired) and lightweight.
    Agreed on the MusicBee suggestion. I have recently started using it as my main library manager and player. It supports both standard playlists and Auto-playlists built based on user defined rules.

Thanks Simbun, I'll check out MusicBee.

And thank you for all your suggestions, much appreciated.

A quick update.

I've started recreating my playlists on the PC using Playlist Creator. This is working well and, as suggested, appears to meet my needs ... so far.

I did have a look at MusicBee but it doesn't appear to be compatible with iOS devices and I use an iPad and iPhone as control points.

Nevertheless, I have a working solution to my original problem. My thanks again to Simbun and others who have taken time to help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RobP View Post
    I did have a look at MusicBee but it doesn't appear to be compatible with iOS devices and I use an iPad and iPhone as control points.
    As long as the playlists are compatible with AssetUPnP then they should work with all control points. The control points don't see the actual playlists, instead AssetUPnP sends structured metadata (in xml format) about the tracks that form the playlist, which isn't that different to an album, so it absolutely should work.
    I don't have any iOS devices to test with, but I'm sure someone could have a look if you have an example.

Quote Originally Posted by RobP View Post
    Nevertheless, I have a working solution to my original problem. My thanks again to Simbun and others who have taken time to help.
    Glad I could help.