title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hausi
    • Mar 2023

Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 4'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 246389 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 294840) [Rip]
    Can somebody help me out? The CD runs perfectly on my CD-player but not on my drive. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

An error unable to read CD is where the CD drive cannot read a block of data from the CD, the CD must be damaged.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hausi
      • Mar 2023

Thanks a lot, but how come the CD runs without a glitch in my CD-player PROCEED (Madrigal Audio Laboraties Inc.;in perfect working condition) and being ripped my iPhone library (AAC)?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try a different drive, the error is where the drive returns no data at all, as far as your drive is concerned the disc is very badly damaged.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Hausi
          Thanks a lot, but how come the CD runs without a glitch in my CD-player PROCEED (Madrigal Audio Laboraties Inc.;in perfect working condition) and being ripped my iPhone library (AAC)?
          CD player have a special error correction which just tries to interpolate/guess data for the analog playback. This differs from ripping and the digital read out.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Hausi
            • Mar 2023

Many thanks, that helped!

Comment

Working...

]]>