title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 4'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 246389 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 294840) [Rip]
    Can somebody help me out? The CD runs perfectly on my CD-player but not on my drive. Thanks in advance for your help.

Administrator

Re: Error: unable to read CD...Confusing

An error unable to read CD is where the CD drive cannot read a block of data from the CD, the CD must be damaged.

Thanks a lot, but how come the CD runs without a glitch in my CD-player PROCEED (Madrigal Audio Laboraties Inc.;in perfect working condition) and being ripped my iPhone library (AAC)?

Administrator

Try a different drive, the error is where the drive returns no data at all, as far as your drive is concerned the disc is very badly damaged.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hausi View Post
    Thanks a lot, but how come the CD runs without a glitch in my CD-player PROCEED (Madrigal Audio Laboraties Inc.;in perfect working condition) and being ripped my iPhone library (AAC)?
    CD player have a special error correction which just tries to interpolate/guess data for the analog playback. This differs from ripping and the digital read out.

Dat Ei

Many thanks, that helped!