title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Playlist Question

Re: Newbie Playlist Question

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    Do you have to load the tracks "into" VOX before it'll play them? https://vox.rocks/forum/t/playing-music/5531
    The problem the OP describes is exactly what is happening:
    "I seem to run into trouble playing songs I have loaded into Vox. I hit play and it goes down my playlist with the music bars at the first of each song only for a second and moves onto the next song. The titles are not solid white text they are kinda greyed out."

All of the FLAC files are on my computer and I just drag the m3u file over to VOX and it loads the tracks...just won't start playing them. Even if I double click on a track loaded into VOX from that playlist, it will not play. If I drag the individual FLAC file to VOX however, it will play.

I do not know if this is a VOX issue or a m3u playlist issue. I will download some other media players and try the playlist files with them.

dBpoweramp Guru

If the files play in VOX, and if when you renamed them to 01.flac and created a m3u in kid3 it still didn't work then it can't be a naming issue. It's probably best to ask the question on the VOX forum.

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post
    If the files play in VOX, and if when you renamed them to 01.flac and created a m3u in kid3 it still didn't work then it can't be a naming issue. It's probably best to ask the question on the VOX forum.
    I just downloaded and installed VLC player. It played every m3u file I have ripped with dBpoweramp. So I believe this is a VOX issue and I will let them know for what its worth.

Thank you simbun and mville for helping me diagnose this! Appreciate your time.

dBpoweramp Guru

I copied your playlist text into a text file (ansi encoded), changed the asterisk(s) to hash(s), saved it into my Invisible Touch album folder and changed the file extension to m3u.

The resulting playlist opens and plays the Invisible Touch album in all my audio players/software.

Unless anyone else has any ideas, I too suspect the problem is with the VOX software.