title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Including catalogue number in batch rips

Question Including catalogue number in batch rips

Hi everyone,

I have recently been asked to manage the ripping of a 26,000 CD library for a classical radio station. I'm developing a procedure for volunteers to use the Batch Ripper.

Due to the range of issues with metadata for classical music, my plan is to get the discs ripped with the best metadata available, and then do bulk correction/adjustments in weekly batches.

My thoughts are that including the station's library catalogue number in the metadata will mean that if the metadata is a total mess, we can still use the catalogue number to refer to the original record. Ideally, this catalogue number would also serve as the folder name for each ripped album.

Is this kind of functionality possible with the Batch Ripper? Or will this need to remain a manual task after the ripping has taken place? Is it possible, for example, to prompt the user to enter a folder name each time a rip commences?

Please forgive my ignorance if there is documentation or other posts regarding this.

Cheers,

Jai

Administrator

Re: Including catalogue number in batch rips

The closest you can get is to enable the manual input review (is an option in metadata), use one of the fields such as 'album artist', to store the catalog number, it can be typed in for each disc, base the file naming off that [album artist] to create the folder name. After ripping all discs can use 'ID Tag Update' and batch move the album artist tag to catalog number.

Re: Including catalogue number in batch rips

Thanks for your response, Spoon. I suspected this might be the case, and we will likely do something like this. Unfortunately, the library catalogue number is hand written, otherwise we'd look at using a barcode reader to insert it into the Comment field.