title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folder Names in "Music Library" Aren't Updating

Folder Names in "Music Library" Aren't Updating

Hello,

I recently drastically changed the and folder structure and folder names in my music library and PerfectTunes won't reflect these changes. I removed the library and cleared the cache but that didn't fix the problem. How do I fix this issue?

Administrator

Re: Folder Names in "Music Library" Aren't Updating

Are you browsing by ID Tags? or by the File and Folder browsing in PerfectTUNES?

I'm trying to use the Album Art program. It displays the old folder names which are a mess and therefore it isn't updating the art for those folders.

Administrator

The album art program displays album names from the ID Tags contained within the files, not the folder names. First use the ID Tag program to update those albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The album art program displays album names from the ID Tags contained within the files, not the folder names. First use the ID Tag program to update those albums.
    The ID Tags were updated (which is what led to new folder names and a new folder structure) prior to rescanning my library with PerfectTunes but PerfectTunes is still using the old tags.

Administrator

Ordinarily changing the ID tags would not change folder or file names, what were you using to change the ID Tags?

Ordinarily changing the ID tags would not change folder or file names, what were you using to change the ID Tags?
    I write most of my tags on the fly with JRiver Media Center and then its Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool can change the file locations and folder structures depending on how the tags are written. I recently updated the tool to include catalog numbers in the folder names and I also removed a bunch of special characters from folders and tags that I was using as a code to indicate things like low quality, incomplete album, etc and as a result 1000s of tags and folders were replaced but PerfectTunes isn't reflecting those changes.
    Last edited by AudibleImagery; 03-24-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Administrator

The tracks are stored on a NAS? if so you will have to clear the database and rescan on the control center

The tracks are stored on a NAS? if so you will have to clear the database and rescan on the control center
    They're not on a NAS but I have already tried clearing the database and rescanning.

Administrator

You would need to verify the tags by another means, use the ID Tag program of PerfectTUNES and browse to the folder and ensure the tags are correct.

You would need to verify the tags by another means, use the ID Tag program of PerfectTUNES and browse to the folder and ensure the tags are correct.
    So DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes sees the old tags but MediaInfo and JRiver see the actual tags. How do I update DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes to see the correct tags?

Administrator

In PerfectTUNES ID Tag, use the File and Folder browsing and browse to the location of the files, they will list and you say they are showing the old tags?

Right click on ones of the files, this will show a tag editor window, which will read from the file, rather than use the database, what is shown?

In PerfectTUNES ID Tag, use the File and Folder browsing and browse to the location of the files, they will list and you say they are showing the old tags?

Right click on ones of the files, this will show a tag editor window, which will read from the file, rather than use the database, what is shown?
    Yeah, both PerfectTunes ID Tag and the tag editor window are showing the old tags.

Administrator

Then the tag changes have not been written to the files, you can verify by using a different program such as mp3tag to look at the ID Tags.

Then the tag changes have not been written to the files, you can verify by using a different program such as mp3tag to look at the ID Tags.
    MediaInfo and JRiver see the actual written tags as does every other non-Illustrate application including Finder, XLD, and mp3tag, which I just checked. DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes are the only applications that use the old tags.
    Last edited by AudibleImagery; 04-01-2023 at 01:36 AM.