title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [Multi Encoder] - is corrupting files and throwing errors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Multi Encoder] - is corrupting files and throwing errors

After trying to convert WAV to FLAC and having about 300 discs where one or two WAV files on each of the albums throws errors with the following messages, I have narrowed this down to creating a [Multi Encoder] process where I wanted to do multiple steps in one process rather than running each one individually. The various errors I am getting are of the following types:

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], <path to my WAV file to be converted> to <path to where my FLAC file will be created>
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 0 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], <path to my WAV file to be converted> to <path to where my FLAC file will be created>
    Error Chunk is out of file. [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 24932 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Error cannot find 'data' chunk. [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PullOutFMTnDATA]

Steps to generate the Errors:
    If I run each of these steps individually, the WAV file(s) convert to FLAC without any errors:
    1. Run against the folder with the WAV files: [FLAC]: Base Location is set to "G:\Music_FLAC" and Output To is set to: [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]
    2. Run against the folder with the FLAC files: [Tag From Filename]: Tag Recognition: [Album Artist]\[Album]\[Track] [Title] ==> If I view the Properties of the FLAC file and look at the "ID-Tag" tab, this sets the Title/Contributing Artists/Album/Album Artist all correctly
    3. Run against the folder with the FLAC files: [Tag From Filename]: Tag Recognition: [Artist]\[Album]\[Track] [Title] ==> If I view the Properties of the FLAC file and look at the "ID-Tag" tab, nothing really different changed but was doing this as a test to get the ID-Tags sets correctly

Now, if I create a [Multi Encoder] with the exact same 3 steps I ran individually above on a Prince album, it errors out with the errors noted below

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\01 Around the World in a Day.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\01 Around the World in a Day.flac'
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 0 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\02 Paisley Park.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\02 Paisley Park.flac'

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\06 America.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\06 America.flac'

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\04 Raspberry Beret.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\04 Raspberry Beret.flac'
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 24932 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\07 Pop Life.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\07 Pop Life.flac'

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\08 The Ladder.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\08 The Ladder.flac'

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], 'G:\Music_WAV\Prince\Around the World in a Day\05 Tamborine.wav' to 'G:\Music_FLAC\Prince\Around the World in a Day\05 Tamborine.flac'

Anybody know why this is happening? Should I not be using a [Multi Encoder]? Or am I using it incorrectly? When it works, it works, but no idea why it fails on some of these and not on others.
    Last edited by TonyPf; 03-17-2023 at 07:10 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: [Multi Encoder] - is corrupting files and throwing errors

In addition, please can you run Test Conversion on your wav files and report the results?

Administrator

What is drive G? a NAS? if so include the DSP effect 'CPU force' and set to '1', we are seeing more than a few reports of NAS not behaving if multiple files are opened at the same time on a NAS share, which is a fault of the nas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is drive G? a NAS? if so include the DSP effect 'CPU force' and set to '1', we are seeing more than a few reports of NAS not behaving if multiple files are opened at the same time on a NAS share, which is a fault of the nas.
    No, it's not a NAS drive, it's a 2nd local hard drive in my PC.

Administrator

Try the CPU force also as a test.

Ok, I think I have isolated this down to the "[Multi Encoder]" that is the culprit here and I think it's one of the "[Tag From Filename]" steps that is causing these errors. My first attempt was to create it with 3 steps like I noted in my initial post, such that I have two "[Tag From Filename]" encoder steps after the "[FLAC]" step because I was thinking it would set those 2 tags, Album and Album Artist on the FLAC file it created. The reason I say that is, I first created a test where I ran it against one Album folder and it worked exactly like I was thinking it would; the files got all converted to FLAC and the WAV and FLAC files all got their Album and Album Artist tags set correctly. So then I let run against my entire "G:\Music\WAV" drive folder but that is when I started getting these errors on certain files.

So then after playing around with the individual Encoder processes against individual files, I started to realize maybe I need to make the "[FLAC]" step the 3rd step AFTER the first 2 "[Tag From Filename]" steps such that the WAV files would get their "Album" and "Album Artist" tags set first and then when the "[FLAC]" encoder ran, it would carry over these Tags from the WAV file and set it automatically. But that didn't work.

Test *1
    So in my "[Multi Encoder]" I removed the [FLAC] step such that I now only have the 2 [Tag From Filename] steps:
    1) Tag Recognition: [artist]\[Album]\[Track] [Title]
    2) Tag Recognition: [album artist]\[Album]\[Track] [Title]

After it ran against one of the songs, I received no Errors and the only Tags that were set correctly are "Title", "Album" and "Contributing artists", but not "Album Artist". However, I got the following information message that I am not sure if this is a serious error or not as the WAV file does play fine:

Information converting to [Multi Encoder], <path to my WAV file to be converted> to <path to where my FLAC file will be created>
    Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft' must be extra data on end of file. [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]

Test *2
    Then I tried to run just the "[FLAC]" encoder by itself against the WAV file and it converted to FLAC just fine - no errors.

Test *3
    So then I added back the [FLAC] encoder step after the 2nd [Tag From Filename] step and ran it against the WAV file and it failed with the following error:

But here is where the strange part is and what is very frustrating to track down and figure out a pattern, because I can run it one time and get one error type and run it again without any changes and get a different error. So after running it the first time, if I view the file in Windows File Explorer, the "Track Number", "Title" and "Contributing artists" are all blank and now the file is corrupt. I cannot play it in any program. So then I went back to my original WAV file that I have saved off in another folder and copied back to my WAV folder replacing the WAV file that just got corrupted and tried to run this exact same process again, but this time I get the following error:

Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 636 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Notice this time, I get the "Error Chunk is out of file. [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]" and that "ACM ID" changed from 0 to 636

Test *4
    As yet another test, I modified my "[Multi Encoder]" to remove the 2nd [Tag From Filename] that sets the "Album Artist" step and added the "[FLAC]" encoder step so that it now only has 2 steps in it and it too converted to FLAC without any errors:
    1) [Tag From Filename] with Tag Recognition: [artist]\[Album]\[Track] [Title]
    2) [FLAC]

Having tried all these various steps, I am thoroughly confused as to what I need to do to try and get this process to work in what would be a very nice one-step process by utilizing the "[Multi Encoder]" to set the Tags and then do the [FLAC] conversion. In hopes that I could get the Tags set for the WAV files, at a minimum, the Track Number, Title, Album Artist and Contributing Artist, so that when the WAV file gets converted to FLAC, it would carry over those Tags.

But as it stands right now, I am not sure how I can get the WAV file part set properly, for 100% of the files, so I may just scrap that part and just do the FLAC conversion and then set the Tags after the fact on those FLAC files and leave the WAV files alone.