title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: WAV to FLAC - Error Chunk is out of file/Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder

WAV to FLAC - Error Chunk is out of file/Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder

I have a lot of WAV files that when I use the dBpoweramp Batch Converter program to do a conversion to FLAC, I receive the following error on a lot of the files:

Error converting to [Multi Encoder], <path to my WAV file to be converted> to <path to where the FLAC file is to be created>
    Error Chunk is out of file. [clRIFFHandler::ScanFile]
    Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (Unknown ACM ID: 597 (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder_Wave::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Is this something specific to the dBpoweramp Batch Converter program, or something related to the device that was used to rip the CD to WAV files?

The interesting thing is, if I take the CD that one of the files that is having a problem, and I re-rip it using Windows Media Player (WMP), it converts just fine. But I have to do the ENTIRE CD, I can't just do the one song that is erroring out.

Administrator

Re: WAV to FLAC - Error Chunk is out of file/Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder

Your wave files are compressed with a special codec which is not installed on your system.

Re: WAV to FLAC - Error Chunk is out of file/Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your wave files are compressed with a special codec which is not installed on your system.
    Spoon, the WAV files were initially created with a home media CD Ripper device, not my computer. That is why I said, once I used Windows Media Player to rip them to WAV files, they converted just fine using dBpoweramp. So why did some rip to WAV files just fine, while others didn't. The only way I found this to be true is when I tried to do a FLAC conversion in dBpoweramp, that is when I got all these errors. Again, some WAV files are just fine, while others have these types of errors.

I am trying to isolate if the problem is with this other device that was used to rip them to WAV