title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter - How to specify a specific folder for conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyPf
    • Mar 2023

Music Converter - How to specify a specific folder for conversion

I am trying to convert WAV files to FLAC files, but I am struggling with getting it to place it in a separate folder(s) where my FLAC files are stored separate from the WAV files. My folders are:
    Source: G:\Music_WAV\<Artist>\<Album>\<Songs>
    Target: G:\Music_FLAC\<Artist>\<Album>\<Songs>

I am not quite sure how to have this happen from the "dBpoweramp Music Converter" screen where I choose "FLAC" as the Encoding and choose some option in the "Output To" drop down box. The best I got was "G:\Music_FLAC\Source Path\Source Filename", however, when it converts the WAV file to a FLAC file, it creates a subfolder named "\Music_WAV" in my "G:\Music_FLAC" folder along with the Artist and Album.

How do I build the string that is needed in the "Output To" drop down box such that it will NOT use the "Source Path" instead, just use the folder starting with the "Artist\Album"?
  • TonyPf
    • Mar 2023

Re: Music Converter - How to specify a specific folder for conversion

Ok, I figured it out. First, I had to choose "Edit Dynamic Naming" from the "Output To" drop down list box. Then I fiddled with the options and found the "Examples" button where I selected the option "Remove First Two Source Folders" and that populated the "Dynamic Naming" box. With a couple of trial and errors, I had to change it from "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename]" to "[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][]\[origfilename]", and it worked.

Now, does anyone know how I can remove the unwanted items from the "Output To" drop down list box? After doing a lot of trial and error testing, I have a bunch of items in that list that I no longer want, but don't know how to remove them.

Comment

Working...

]]>