title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[The] should not be at the end

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smarts_vauva
    • May 2020

[The] should not be at the end

When reading the CD, the Stones always write Rolling Stones, The, but I always stored The Rolling Stones in my file system. How can I change this, where is this setting.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: [The] should not be at the end

Originally posted by smarts_vauva
    When reading the CD, the Stones always write Rolling Stones, The, but I always stored The Rolling Stones in my file system. How can I change this, where is this setting.
    Check to see if the files have ARTISTSORT or ALBUMARTISTSORT tags that contain Rolling Stones, The. If so, delete those tags.

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2021

Re: [The] should not be at the end

Originally posted by smarts_vauva
      Given you've posted this in the CD Ripper forum, do you have 'Album Artist Sort' or 'Artist Sort' enabled under 'Menu > CD Ripper Options > Meta Data & ID Tag: Options'?

Even if those tags are in your files it's usually still possible to display the non-sort versions, so in what application are you seeing "Rolling Stones, The"?
      If you wanted to delete those tags from all your files I guess you'd need to use Batch Converter with [ID Tag Update], specifying the tags in the Deletions tab.

Comment

Working...

]]>