title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Batch Converter - Edit ID Tags how to autoset all folders and subfolders

Administrator

Re: Batch Converter - Edit ID Tags how to autoset all folders and subfolders

Wave LIST tags have no album artist, convert to FLAC then use the Tag from filename.

In Windows 11 File Explorer, as well as dBpoweramp Batch Converter, the "Album Artist" for the WAV file will not show the value. I cannot get it set using the Tag Recognition I noted above: \[artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

So I decided to use Mp3tag to try and set the "Album Artist" and it worked. However, Win11's File Explorer still will not show anything in the "Album artist" column, however, now dBpoweramp Batch Converter does show the "Album Artist".

So my question is, why can't dBpoweramp Batch Converter" set this tag "Album Artist", but Mp3tag can?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Wave LIST tags have no album artist, convert to FLAC then use the Tag from filename.
    Actually, as I just noted above, it does appear that I can get this "Album Artist" tag set on the WAV file, as I was able to by using the program Mp3tag.

Or, am I seeing something completely different that is misleading?

In Windows 11 File Explorer, if I select the Properties for the one WAV file I was able to update the "Album Artist" tag by using Mp3tag, and I select the "Details" tab, yes, I do not see any Property named "Album Artist", only "Contributing Artists". However, if I then click on the "ID-Tag" tab, I do see the "Album Artist" set correctly, but here, I do not see a "Contributing Artists" tag property.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Spoon, are you saying I should first convert all my WAV files to FLAC instead of wasting my time first trying to set the tags for all my WAV files before converting them to FLAC? Is that the best method for what I am trying to accomplish, which is to convert all my WAV files to FLAC
    Last edited by TonyPf; 03-14-2023 at 05:50 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The .wav format has limited tag capability. There is far more flexibility using a lossless format like FLAC.

As far as comparing the dBPoweramp suite of products to mp3tag, they are two very different products. You could ask the question there to find out why mp3tag cannot rip CDs, or convert between various file formats.