title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: asset configuration

asset configuration

I bought Asset for the ability to run 'instances'

However, I am struggling to make it work.
    I select an item on the first screen, say Artist but rather than being presented with a list of artists I get another load of boxes with further options including the one I just selected, repeat ad-infinitum.

How do I configure it so I click Artist, get a list of artists, then chose an album and then be able to click play?

I love Linn Kazoo Server which does just this but as I say I need to run more than one server for different music libraries.

Administrator

Re: asset configuration

Can you upload a picture of what you see when select artist, upload to img.bb and post a link please.

Administrator

You want to skip the A-Z selection?

what I would like is a alphabetical list of 'artists' or 'album artists' with an index (a-z, 0-z)down the side. Preferably in list format, not big icons

Administrator

The UPnP server cannot set the a-z listing other than where the tracks are set, it would be up-to the control point to use its own down the side.

To remove Assets A to Z, open the configuration, edit advanced settings, then click on 'Album Artist' in the list and uncheck A to Z at the bottom.

when I click say Artist I then get a load of boxes the first one of which is All Artist
    If I click that I then get a list of all artists (but no index down the side, which makes for difficult browsing)
    When I select one it shows me ALL the tracks for the artist in alphabetical order.

How do I set it up to show each album for the artist and then when I select the album it then shows the tracks in playlist order?

Administrator

Restore the tree to default, this shows the tree how it needs to be to show Artist then album selection, you can then substitute for album artist when you see it working. Uncheck the A to Z option.

Excellent, now how to get an a-z index down the side when choosing ALL?

Administrator

It is the control point which can only do this, if Kazoo does not offer it, try a different one.

I get one using Asset - see image
    https://ibb.co/86n39VR

This instance of Asset is compilation albums
    To get to here I selected: Album > All Albums

Administrator

Kazoo has been replaced by 'Linn' control point, try that one.

Thank You. I am aware that Linn Kazoo has been replaced on iOS but not android.
    The screen shot comes from my computer, for which there has been no replacement.

The screen shot is from the control App, not Linn Kazoo Server. Confusing I know.