title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows 11

Windows 11

Hi I just got a new laptop with Windows 11, and (as a longtime user) downloaded dbpoweramp. When I try to rip a CD, it recognises it, reads the song titles, but is unable to write the ripped and compressed information (FLAC). I resusitated my old laptop and dbpoweramp worked (Windows 10). So its obviously some setting in Windows 11. I've enabled generic writing to Windows folders, but don't see how to allow write capability to dbpoweramp - where are the options?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows 11

Can you try ripping a CD in Windows Safe Mode?

Administrator

Hi, I tried it in Safe Mode and it failed as before (BTW getting to Safe Mode in Windows 11 is a nightmare.)
    I had already done what was recommended by Spoon, so unfortunately that didn't work.
    Interestingly I used a freet trial with another CD ripper (which didn't like) and that worked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by drrjs View Post
    When I try to rip a CD, it recognises it, reads the song titles, but is unable to write the ripped and compressed information (FLAC).
    What error message if any, are you getting? Please can post your Path and Naming?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Can you try ripping a CD in Windows Safe Mode?
    Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\01 Diana Damrau - Ich wollt' ein Sträusslein binden, song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-2 (TrV 235-2).flac'
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\01 Diana Damrau - Ich wollt' ein Sträusslein binden, song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-2 (TrV 235-2)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 0 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 13784) [clRipperSecure::Rip]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\02 Diana Damrau - Waldseligkeit ('Der Wald beginnt zu rauchen'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 49-1 (TrV 204-1).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 13784 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 27487) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\02 Diana Damrau - Waldseligkeit ('Der Wald beginnt zu rauchen'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 49-1 (TrV 204-1)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\03 Diana Damrau - Das Bächlein ('Du Bächlein silberhell und klar'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 88-1 (TrV 264, AV 118).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 27487 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 35368) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\03 Diana Damrau - Das Bächlein ('Du Bächlein silberhell und klar'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 88-1 (TrV 264, AV 118)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\04 Diana Damrau - Winterweihe ('In diesen Wintergarten'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 48-4 (TrV 202-4).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 35368 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 48184) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\04 Diana Damrau - Winterweihe ('In diesen Wintergarten'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 48-4 (TrV 202-4)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\05 Diana Damrau - Morgen ('Und morgen wird die Sonne wieder scheinen'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27-4 (TrV 170-4).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 48184 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 65505) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\05 Diana Damrau - Morgen ('Und morgen wird die Sonne wieder scheinen'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27-4 (TrV 170-4)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\06 Diana Damrau - Allerseelen ('Stell' auf den Tisch die duftenden Reseden'), song for voice & piano, Op. 10-8 (TrV 141-8).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 65505 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 78934) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\06 Diana Damrau - Allerseelen ('Stell' auf den Tisch die duftenden Reseden'), song for voice & piano, Op. 10-8 (TrV 141-8)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\07 Diana Damrau - Cäcilie ('Wenn du es wüsstest'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27-2 (TrV 170-2).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 78934 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 90155) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\07 Diana Damrau - Cäcilie ('Wenn du es wüsstest'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 27-2 (TrV 170-2)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\08 Diana Damrau - Amor ('An dem Feuer sass das Kind Amor'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-5 (TrV 235-5).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 90155 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 106050) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\08 Diana Damrau - Amor ('An dem Feuer sass das Kind Amor'), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-5 (TrV 235-5)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\09 Diana Damrau - Säusle, liebe Myrthe!, song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-3 (TrV 235-3).flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 106050 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 128214) [clRipperSecure::Rip]
    Error unable to open File 'cd\a\Diana Damrau\Poesie; Richard Strauss Lieder\09 Diana Damrau - Säusle, liebe Myrthe!, song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op. 68-3 (TrV 235-3)._' for writing. [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Administrator

Run this, with the option to totally clear all settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then reinstall and try ripping one CD with the default settings, if that works then only change one thing at a time and see if it still works for you. The path was invalid above, and there might be other issues also.

Aaha That worked (thanks) BUT only because the re-install had switched the target directory to the default MUSIC directory. When I switched back to the directory I had been using with Windows 10 (C:\CD) it failed as before. This is OK for me as I can use the MUSIC directory, but there is obviously some switch to be made in Windows 11

Administrator

If the path is correct, it is likely a permissions issue, in that the user account does not have write permission to that location.