title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error: Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.00dB

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveKiddle
    • Mar 2023

Error: Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.00dB

Hi, fist post here. I'm trying to rip a CD and getting the following error. Can anyone please tell me what's going wrong? Many thanks

Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 16777209 to 18278 (335:36:43) in 0:00. Filename: \\rock\data\Storage\CDs\Bruce Springsteen\Darkness On The Edge Of Town\01 Bruce Springsteen - Badlands.flac
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.00dB [clDSP::EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Error: Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.0

Originally posted by DaveKiddle
    Hi, fist post here. I'm trying to rip a CD and getting the following error. Can anyone please tell me what's going wrong? Many thanks

Track 1: ERROR Ripping LBA 16777209 to 18278 (335:36:43) in 0:00. Filename: \\rock\data\Storage\CDs\Bruce Springsteen\Darkness On The Edge Of Town\01 Bruce Springsteen - Badlands.flac
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.00dB [clDSP::EndConversion]
    Audio File Passed Verification
    Looks like you are ripping to a network drive. Try ripping to a local drive on your computer. Do you still get the error?

Comment

• DaveKiddle
      • Mar 2023

Re: Error: Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.0

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure that's the problem as the rest of the album ripped OK. It's strange as the track is being listed as having a time of 335.36.43 - not sure if that has any bearing?

Edit: Tried ripping to desktop, still the same issue.
      Last edited by DaveKiddle; 03-06-2023, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I'm not sure that's the problem as the rest of the album ripped OK. It's strange as the track is being listed as having a time of 335.36.43 - not sure if that has any bearing?
        yes, that's not likely it, given other tracks ripped ok. Something very odd with the extremely high length yet silent. Do you have another drive you could use for ripping? Just as a test. Also clean the CD itself just in case. I've ripped 1000s of CDs and not seen this problem. Hopefully other folks might have some ideas.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

> ERROR Ripping LBA 16777209 to 18278 (335:36:43) in 0:00

The CD has an invalid TOC, the first number cannot be bigger than the 2nd number. Is it copy protected?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaveKiddle
            • Mar 2023

Unfortunitely I don't have another ripping drive, and I've cleaned numerous times. The track plays fine on my CD player.

This is what I see in the ripper:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 143350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	294659
            Attached Files

Comment

• DaveKiddle
              • Mar 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
              > ERROR Ripping LBA 16777209 to 18278 (335:36:43) in 0:00

The CD has an invalid TOC, the first number cannot be bigger than the 2nd number. Is it copy protected?
              Not sure, how can I tell?

Comment

• DaveKiddle
                • Mar 2023

Unfortunitely I don't have another ripping drive, and I've cleaned numerous times. The track plays fine on my CD player.

This is what I see in the ripper:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3529[/ATTACH]
                Apologies, incorrect image uploaded. here's the correct one:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-06 143350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	294660

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try CD Ripper options >> select 'Defective by design', revert to Secure ripping mode after trying for that one disc.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DaveKiddle
                    • Mar 2023

Yep, that worked, thank you so much. Fantastic program

Comment

Working...

]]>