title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing Album - 2nd of a two album Opera

Missing Album - 2nd of a two album Opera

Some time back, I ripped most of my operas using DBpoweramp. I had a few problems with random tracks which I was able to fix by cleaning the disc and re-ripping the track in question at a later date, however PerfectTUNES reported one album not present when I ran its AccurateRip function yesterday. The album in question is Disc 2 of a two disc set of "Donizetti - The Elixir of Love, Disc 2 [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 015-001be26e-0140145d-dc0bd60f]" Quote from the first line of the error report.

When I attempted to rerip it yesterday, I got rip failures on each track and the per track messages are of the form "Track Not Present in AccurateRip /Volumes/Macintosh HD 4/MetaFLAC/Donizetti/The Elixir of Love, Disc 2/01 Donizetti - The Elixir of Love; Act 2; Cantiamo, facciam brindisi.flac" Looking at the metadata from yesterday's attempt, I see For AccurateRipResult the notation "AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2) [C5AD72FA]" The earlier attempt produced a similar metadata entry: "AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2) [83EC10CB]." It is possible that the first attempt may have involved a different CD drive. In addition to the built in tray loader, I sometimes also use a portable slot loading drive to minimize the time between rips and cannot tell if this was one of those cases.

For what it is worth, the AccurateRip DiscID for the first disc is 018-002b25f9-024b520e-0d0ffd12-1 and its tracks report status like "AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [53E3B885]" I suspect that this might indicate only a single report of a rip for this disc. This is an old DG set - The box indicates a catalog number of 429744-2 while the metadata indicates 429745. Image of the front cover is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Missing Album - 2nd of a two album Opera

It is possible if the confidence is only 2, 2 people have submitted different results for one of the tracks (ie one person had a rip error), because of the missmatch the track would be excluded until a 3rd person submits.