title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No album art is being added to FLAC file from CD

No album art is being added to FLAC file from CD

I've converted over a thousand CDs to FLAC in the past without any issue but recently I did about 20 albums and none of the FLAC files has album art in it although the CDs contained the image. I bought my copy of dbpoweramp maybe 5 years ago- is it possible the use has expired or some other reason for not allowing album art?

Administrator

Re: No album art is being added to FLAC file from CD

Did you see album art in CD Ripper before ripping?

I just looked at that- the CD Ripper says there is no album art and I searched myself and didn't find it. Obviously not all CDs have the art! Odd that I did almost 2,000 cds before this batch and every other cd had art!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    I just looked at that- the CD Ripper says there is no album art and I searched myself and didn't find it. Obviously not all CDs have the art! Odd that I did almost 2,000 cds before this batch and every other cd had art!
    Album art is not part of the CD. The album art is retrieved from online databases. When ripping, and the album art is blank, click on the art options and select search the internet and see what it finds. If that doesn't work for any CD, including trying some CDs you've ripped in the past, then maybe your computer is blocking access to the databases containing the artwork.

dBpoweramp Guru

Assuming you have the jewel box and tray card that came with the CD, and you have a scanner, it is often easier to just scan the tray card art than to search the Internet. One (actually two) of the art options are to scan the art.