title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music folder not showing in Batch Converter

Music folder not showing in Batch Converter

I'm running the latest build of dBpoweramp on MacOS Ventura. I have an odd problem that started recently. When I use the Batch Converter, the Music folder on my computer does not appear in the left pane. Every other folder is visible in Batch Converter (Applications, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Dropbox, Pictures, Volumes), but I can't see the Music folder. I have no problem accessing the Music folder when I use the Music Converter in dBpoweramp, but I can't figure out how to access it in the Batch Converter.

This only started happening a few weeks ago after years without any issues. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Super Moderator

Re: Music folder not showing in Batch Converter

Thanks for your problem report.

Please open System Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Full Disk Access, grant dBpoweramp Music Converter full disk acess privileges, then run dBpoweramp again and see if the problem has been corrected.

If the above doesn't help, other means to navigate to specific folder exist:
    • Dragging a folder from Finder to dBpoweramp launcher window should open Batch Converter with relevant folder pre-selected.
    • Dragging a folder from Finder to Batch Converter also opens selects the dragged folder.
    • In Batch Converter, you should be able to find your home folder under Volumes / Macintosh HD / Users / <name>, is Music folder shown there?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thanks for your problem report.

Please open System Settings >> Privacy & Security >> Full Disk Access, grant dBpoweramp Music Converter full disk acess privileges, then run dBpoweramp again and see if the problem has been corrected.

If the above doesn't help, other means to navigate to specific folder exist:
    • Dragging a folder from Finder to dBpoweramp launcher window should open Batch Converter with relevant folder pre-selected.
    • Dragging a folder from Finder to Batch Converter also opens selects the dragged folder.
    • In Batch Converter, you should be able to find your home folder under Volumes / Macintosh HD / Users / <name>, is Music folder shown there?
    Thanks for your response. I checked, and full disk access is already granted.

Strangely, I can't get any of the other options to work. When I drag a folder from Finder to the dBpoweramp launcher window, it launches Batch Converter, but it doesn't show the files in either the left pane or right pane.

When I drag a folder from Finder to Batch Converter directly, again it doesn't show the files in either the left pane or right pane.

When I click through the home folder under Volumes / Macintosh HD / Users / <name>, I still can't see the Music folder under my main account. Interestingly, when I click through the home folder and select Guest instead of my main account, I see the Music folder. I don't use the Guest account, and nothing is in the folder, but the Music folder is visible under Guest.

I appreciate any additional help you can provide.

Super Moderator

Beta version with a partial workaround:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-beta-2023-02-10.dmg

Dragging the folder will now select it even if it's not otherwise recognized by the app - will add a new entry at the bottom of the folder tree for such.

New menu command added: Batch Convert Select Folder - same effect as drag&drop.

There's some weird cause of this that I haven't yet identified, possibly folder incorrectly flagged as a package. In the next update I will add tweaking options for Batch Converter to work around this (show/hide packages, specify favourite folders to always show on top).

Beta version with a partial workaround:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-beta-2023-02-10.dmg

Dragging the folder will now select it even if it's not otherwise recognized by the app - will add a new entry at the bottom of the folder tree for such.

New menu command added: Batch Convert Select Folder - same effect as drag&drop.

There's some weird cause of this that I haven't yet identified, possibly folder incorrectly flagged as a package. In the next update I will add tweaking options for Batch Converter to work around this (show/hide packages, specify favourite folders to always show on top).
    Thank you! The workaround is working correctly on my end. I appreciate your efforts to fix this. I look forward to the tweaking options in the next update. Cheers!

Super Moderator

New build:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-beta-2023-02-17.dmg

New Batch Converter options panel added, under Advanced Settings.
    I'd really like to know if flipping one of the new checkboxes makes the problem go away. Also, you can now specify additional folders to show on top.

New build:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-beta-2023-02-17.dmg

New Batch Converter options panel added, under Advanced Settings.
    I'd really like to know if flipping one of the new checkboxes makes the problem go away. Also, you can now specify additional folders to show on top.
    Thanks! Neither of the checkboxes makes the problem go away. I can see lots of other folders, but I still can't see the Music folder.

But the good news is that I'm able to specify the Music folder as a favorite. When I do this, the Music folder is visible on top in the left pane in Batch Converter.

I wonder if the issue has something to do with Dropbox. On my computer, the Music folder is synced to Dropbox, but the Music folder is still a separate folder from the main Dropbox folder. In the left pane on Batch Converter, I can see the main Dropbox folder on my computer; this has never been an issue. But when I select the Music folder in the favorites list in Advanced Settings, it appears as "Dropbox (Personal)/Mac/Music". When I view the Music folder in the left pane on Batch Converter, it just says "Music". This seems odd, so I thought that I would mention it.