title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bengtgorzeb
    • Mar 2022

AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Wondering why ripping a cd on 2 different players results in different FLAC file size... All tracks were accurately ripped on a Windows player and a Minimac external player resulting in smaller files from the Windows player. Anyone care to explain?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dBpoweramp_2xhotwires.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	297786
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Internal padding for ID Tags
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

I have a different guess. The folder.jpgs differ by 209 kB. That it is exactly the size differenz between the audio files. I guess you have embeded the album art in the audio files.

Dat Ei

Comment

• bengtgorzeb
        • Mar 2022

Thanx Spoon and Dat Ei for your replies. I didn't do any ID tagging outside CD Ripper, which makes me wonder why Windows CD Ripper suggests album art which is different from album art suggested by OSX CD Ripper...

Comment

• BOOTP
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2020

The size can also vary depending on the FLAC compression and version of FLAC.

If you ever want to bit compare the audio content of two files (that may well be different sizes), I would suggest using the Binary Comparator component in foobar2000. It will tell you if there are any sample differences between selected files.

Comment

Working...

]]>