title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: PerfectTunes 3.1 Not saving updates to ID Tags

PerfectTunes 3.1 Not saving updates to ID Tags

I have PerfectTunes 3.1 (fully registered) and recently when I update ID Tags, the changes are not being saved. I have an M1 MacBook Pro now running MacOS 13.2 (but I was having this problem before the most recent update).

When I save the changes, the page in PerfectTunes seems to update:
    Screenshot 21-1-23 at 22.25.jpg
    But when I go back in a couple of days later, the updates to Album/Artist & Artwork have disappeared:
    Screenshot 25-1-23 at 20.13.jpg

My music library is held on a Synology 218+ NAS running Asset UPnP v 7.5.

Administrator

Re: PerfectTunes 3.1 Not saving updates to ID Tags

Change the tags, then close perfecttunes. Then browse by filename and folder, have the changes stuck?

No.

Administrator

Then PerfectTUNES does not have access rights to the files (write).

Copy one file to the local computer and try the test again, do the changes stick.

Hi, yes - copying to my local drive and updating the tags from there has worked.

A bit of a long shot but do you have any pointers as to how to how I can reinstate the write access rights to my NAS?

Administrator

Specific to the NAS, would be an option within the NAS which accounts have read or write access to a share.

I am having the same issue. It seems like a new thing. My files are stored on a separate drive and I am accessing via Asset UPnP R7.6 bet 2 and perfect tunes 023-04-02 (1). I haven't changed permissions or updated my OS. Registered user Mac OS 12.6.3 with an M1 chip

Actually I solved it. For some reason my version, which I have had for years, showed up as no longer registered. So I just bought it again and that has solved being able save tags