title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Crashes and Feature Requests and Questions

Crashes and Feature Requests and Questions

Problems and concerns as a new user of PerfectTunes:

1. PerfectTunes crashes every single time I attempt to use the ID Tags > Sort Tags option. I haven't seen any other options that will crash PT. I'm guessing it's related to the size of my collection, ~1,800 albums. I'm using the Mac version on macOS 13.3.1.
    2. It's way too easy to close a dialog and lose all of the work PT has done creating the necessary index for the current utility. This is particularly vexing when using the AccurateRip checker. Even after completing the initial indexing it takes several minutes to recheck the albums with problems; and then it's all undone if I hit the wrong button and exit back to the home screen when I hoped to merely return to a previous screen within the current tool.
    3. I don't understand and I can't find in the documentation what the "write tags" option is supposed to do in the AccurateRip tool. What sort of tags are being written?
    4. It would be nice to be able to exclude all albums in a particular report or write or clear tags for all albums instead of having to click them one at a time.
    5. In my initial scan some albums couldn't be verified because PT lost the connection to the database. It'd be nice to have an option to retry the connection for those specific albums en masse without rechecking every single album by leaving and reentering the application.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Crashes and Feature Requests and Questions

3. AccurateRip tags, which identify the discid and accuraterip result in the tags, if you have ripped a disc in dbpoweramp then those tags are added.
    4. For AccurateRip part of the program?

3 - thanks
    4 - yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    3. AccurateRip tags, which identify the discid and accuraterip result in the tags, if you have ripped a disc in dbpoweramp then those tags are added.

Sorry, I still have questions. Is there anything in the PerfectTools/dbpoweramp line that lets me see which files have those tags? So far the only tool I've found that shows me the the ACCURATERIPDISCID and ACCURATERIPRESULT tags is MusicBrainz Picard.

Administrator

ID Tag program, click spanner icon and add those tags as custom tags. Then go to the root folder, change view from album to Mixed Track Editing, then click 'Scan sub folders'

Super Moderator

Feedback noted.

Regarding sort tags crash-
    Are you running latest PerfectTUNES (R2023-04-02) ?
    Can you please get a crash report file per instructions here email to peter@dbpoweramp.com ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Are you running latest PerfectTUNES (R2023-04-02)?
    Yes, I am. Logs have been sent.

Super Moderator

Thanks.

Crash hopefully fixed in new beta build (I see what apparently happened but can't trigger the condition on development machine to be 100% sure):
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Perf...2023-05-30.dmg

Also made AccurateRip open much faster if results are already cached.

Thank you Peter! The crash is now fixed and I do notice a significant performance improvement.

Super Moderator

Newer build (work-in-progress):
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Perf...2023-06-01.dmg
    Confirmed fix for the original Sort Tags crash.