title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Not getting correct metadata for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum" CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomg01
    • Feb 2015

Not getting correct metadata for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum" CD

This is a relatively new CD, 2022, the UPC search give me the correct info doing a web search (196587246723).
    When I insert CD it confirms it's in accuraterip, but the Artist, Album, tracks etc are in Japanese characters. Click image for larger version

Name:	LA_forum_CD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	297783

Is there a way to update this or correct it?
    I tried the review metadata but GD3 is the only one available

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful

Thanks
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Not getting correct metadata for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum

Metadata and AccurateRip have different data sources. The fact that a CD is listed in AccurateRip does not mean that it is in the various metadata databases (and vice versa). AccurateRip is a database which stores checksums for the audio data of tracks, so you can proof if a rip is bitperfect.

CDs are identified a by checksum of the TOC (table of content) to find them in the metadata databases. These checksums are mostly, but not always unique for a CD. So mismatchs can happen, if there is different CD with the same checksum.

It takes some time after a release of a new CD until the metadata find their way into the various metadata datebases. In case you don't find the metadata in one of the databases you can type in the metadata yourself, or try to retrieve at least some metadata by reading out the CD text.

Dat Ei

Comment

• tomg01
      • Feb 2015

Re: Not getting correct metadata for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Los Angeles Forum

Thanks, I did end up filling out the text myself.

Comment

Working...

]]>