title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to Save Album art although I am fully registed

Unable to Save Album art although I am fully registed

I am a fully registered user. I had 3.3 and Perfect tunes Album Art stopped allowing me to save. I purchased 3.5. Same result. Any ideas?

Capture.JPG

Administrator

Re: Unable to Save Album art although I am fully registed

What message is shown when you try to add album art?

There is no "fix albums". Each entry has a fix button but no way to save.
    I followed the email which was sent, uninstalling then re-installing. Still no option to save.

-Rich

Administrator

If you do not have any albums without art, or low resolution, then there would not be a Fix Albums button, only the individual fix buttons.

That was it! Thank you. I chose an album with low res pic and the Fix Button showed up.

-Rich

Tell you what confused me. In a particular album, its VA. I usually swap the song title w/ album name. This allows me to find each song's cover art. In this example, PerfectTunes showed all the art. However, I use other programs to fill tags. Reviewing this album with the software it said there was no art.
    Bottom line is, the art is there somewhere. I can see it when I check file properties in windows. Your program also finds it.
    Do you have any idea where else it might be found?

-Rich

Administrator

folder.jpg?

sometimes they are hidden

No external files. I show all files, nothing is hidden. Its buried in the mp3, visible by PerfectTunes and the file's windows properties. Not visible in Foobar player nor Tag&Rename.
    I see it in db's PerfectTunes ID Tags. Is there a way to extract the image to a file?

-Rich

or delete the tag?

Administrator

If you have dBpoweramp you can right click >> Edit ID Tags, there is an option next to the album art to export to folder.jpg

I see the dbPowerAmp control center. But I'm guess you're not referring to one of those applets.

-Rich

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
    Last edited by RichBum; 01-21-2023 at 05:36 PM. Reason: adding image

dBpoweramp Guru

yes, if those are installed, you should be able to right click on the file and open "Edit ID Tag" (which is part of dbpoweramp that you have). If edit ID tag option doesn't show up, maybe you disabled dbpa tools showing up on right click menu when you installed.

OH... It shows up under windows' properties as its own tab. Yes, I found it, infact I was coming back here to let you know I found another way. Funny it was the same way! BTW, it just says ID-TAG. There's no mention of dbPowerAmp. Just an FYI

Thanks for the help!
    -Rich

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RichBum View Post
    OH... It shows up under windows' properties as its own tab. Yes, I found it, infact I was coming back here to let you know I found another way. Funny it was the same way! BTW, it just says ID-TAG. There's no mention of dbPowerAmp. Just an FYI

Thanks for the help!
    -Rich
    For me the right click menu item is "Edit ID Tags", but correct, it does not include any reference to dbpoweramp in the name in the menu. The ID-TAG you mention is a windows (not dbpoweramp) function. You get there by right clicking on a file, then selecting properties, then the tab for ID-TAG. You'll have more functionality with the dbpa "Edit ID Tags". You have dbpa converter, etc. so you *should* have the "Edit ID Tags". Do you see "Convert To" and "Quick Convert" in the right click menu when you right click on an audio file? These have dbpa icons. If not, perhaps you didn't allow the dbpa install program to add the menu items to your right click menu. You can do this after the fact, but I'm not near my dbpa computer and can't recall the steps.

Administrator

If have windows 11 and R17 it would appear under 'Additional Items'