title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to reselect an external drive located on another computer?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhstn58
    • Jan 2023

Re: How to reselect an external drive located on another computer?

Click image for larger version

Name:	3505ADDB-9684-4729-BADB-EDDFB2822521.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	294645

Comment

• jhstn58
      • Jan 2023

I’m not assured what you are asking for, so I have copied everything in my Path.

JHSTN58

Comment

• jhstn58
        • Jan 2023

I am not assured of what you are asking for, but I have included everything in my path.

JHSTN58

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Your naming string is invalid, click 'Set' (next to naming) then choose 'Default Naming' then click OK.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jhstn58
            • Jan 2023

Spoon -

Change what to default naming?

JHSTN58

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Naming
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jhstn58
                • Jan 2023

Please let me load some pictures:

Name:	50943A0F-5653-4F75-8DBE-5988458779FF.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	294647

Name:	192A56C7-F43B-4245-8980-C8E83A3BEAB3.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	294648

Name:	190882A5-B49B-456A-8365-83E72AC2F416.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	294649

I&*8217;ve already made the changes each of you who had a comment (thank you for your patience). I need to know how to get this to achieve the result shown in the last picture. One picture showing me what the entire thread should look like. Obviously, I don&*8217;t get it yet.

JHStn58

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jhstn58
                  I have ripped thousands of cd&*8217;s and did not run into this.
                  Of the thousands of CDs you have ripped, how many were actually ripped successfully with CD Ripper, given that your Naming string syntax is invalid?

This thread gets more bizarre and confuses me more and more, with every post.

Firstly, you have ignored/failed to answer several of the questions posted throughout this thread, which makes it difficult to provide you with help.

Secondly, did you read (and understand), the CD Ripper help on Path and Naming, as suggested (with a link to the help page) in post no. 41?

Thirdly, to reset Naming to the default:
                  Launch CD Ripper and click the Set button next to the Naming drop-down.

The Naming window should now be visible, showing your invalid Naming string.

Next, click the Default Naming button followed by the OK button.

Comment

• jhstn58
                    • Jan 2023

Mville-

I have revised the naming convention per my instructions in here, though I have followed the naming conventions set forth in the Path and Naming. I don&*8217;t have the benefits of your knowledge, so I&*8217;m not sure what happened. What I&*8217;m trying to do is to create the location of what the posts said previously, namely that I want to create in the iTunes music, the [shared] music to the band (I.e, the Beatles), followed by the naming of the album (also, the Beatles) and the name of the album contents, and then followed by the name of the individual tracks. I don&*8217;t know what happened to this format so (unless I went into the naming and changed the contents, unbeknownst to me or to the other person), I&*8217;m at a loss to the naming of the path.

Jhstn58

Comment

• mville
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Dec 2008

On your windows PC, open File Explorer.

Paste the following into the Address Bar and press Enter on your keyboard:
                      \\JIM-MAC-MINI\E Drive\Music\iTunes Media\Music

This should open the Music folder on your apple PC. If it doesn't, then you don't have network access to the folder, if it does, then continue.

Launch CD Ripper and delete the contents of the Path text box.

Paste the following into the Path text box:
                      \\JIM-MAC-MINI\E Drive\Music\iTunes Media\Music

Then, click the Set button next to the Naming drop-down to open the Naming window.

Next, click the Default Naming button followed by the OK button.

Finally, insert a Beatles CD into your optical drive and click the Rip button.

Please post the outcome, include any messages that appear.

Comment

• jhstn58
                        • Jan 2023

That worked! So if I am to track the lists of the tracts (without the name of the Tract Number) by the name of the tract, what do I do?

JHStn58

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

Click the Set button next to the Naming drop-down to open the Naming window.

Next, in the Dynamic Naming box, replace:
                          [track] [artist] - [title]

with:
                          [artist] - [title]

Finally, click the OK button.

Comment

• jhstn58
                            • Jan 2023

Thanks.

JHSTN58

Comment

Working...

]]>