title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Purchased Reference Version strictly to use CD Writer ( Yeah now I know)

Purchased Reference Version strictly to use CD Writer ( Yeah now I know)

Upgraded DB Power Amp over weekend to make it all in one (rip and write). I had no information on CD Writer being discontinued and downloaded it. Realized I needed the reference version so I upgraded, then wouldn't recognize the drive in my common Lenovo laptop (8 years old). I'm here only to say I'm disappointed that I wasted almost 50.00 US to find this out. Why is CD Writer offered for download and at the very least a warning not displayed stating it's obsolete?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Purchased Reference Version strictly to use CD Writer ( Yeah now I know)

Odd. Where did you see any info that you needed reference for the old/discontinued CD Writer? It is not part of dbpa reference (ripping and converting). And CD Writer was free in any case for even users of the old free converter.
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm

After downloading writer and attempting to open, a window popped up stating it required reference version to function. It was unusable and after upgrading poweramp writer opened but would not recognize my drive even though power amp recognized it all along.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jpludwig View Post
    Upgraded DB Power Amp over weekend to make it all in one (rip and write). I had no information on CD Writer being discontinued and downloaded it. Realized I needed the reference version so I upgraded, then wouldn't recognize the drive in my common Lenovo laptop (8 years old). I'm here only to say I'm disappointed that I wasted almost 50.00 US to find this out. Why is CD Writer offered for download and at the very least a warning not displayed stating it's obsolete?
    I think there is plenty of notice on the CD Writer web psge about being both obsolete and unsupported.
    "Please note limited support can be offered for CD Writer if there are incompatibilities with your CD/DVD/BluRay drive, CD Writer is now effectively unsupported.

CD Writer is not compatible with the 64 bit version of dBpoweramp, view details here how to force dBpoweramp to install 32 bits (which is compatible with CD Writer)
    ."