title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset on QNAP not Updating on Library changes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gidders
    • Aug 2009

Asset on QNAP not Updating on Library changes

When I make changes to my library eg when I get a hi res version of an album & delete the standard/mp3 res version, Asset recognises the new hi res album immediately, but doesn't remove the deleted album automatically

Is there something I need to set / unset to make this happen?

At the moment I have to Clear database, rescan all folders to clear the deleted album - rescan folders detecting changes doesn't do it
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: Asset on QNAP not Updating on Library changes

What app are you using to browse Asset library? What if you browse Asset library using some other app?

Some clients (such as Kodi) are known to cache once-viewed folder listings and not poll Asset for changes when browsing.

As far as I can tell Asset does detect addition and removal of albums quickly.

Some settings, under "Options", might help with this:
    "Detect & Catalog New Tracks" - Live monitoring for changes in music folders. It also affects detection of removal of stuff. Make sure that it's on.
    "Forcibly Check for New Tracks Interval (minutes)" - Intended for use when the above isn't working for some reason, set to non-zero to have Asset walk all folders every N minutes checking if anything changed. However, this basically triggers "rescan folders detecting changes", so if that command didn't help, this one probably won't either.

I also recommend enabling logging under "Troubleshooting" and looking at library logs as they will show whether/when Asset picks each change in your music folder, so we can confirm whether it's really Asset not noticing changes.
    Last edited by PeterP; 01-15-2023, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Gidders
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by PeterP
      What app are you using to browse Asset library? What if you browse Asset library using some other app?

Some clients (such as Kodi) are known to cache once-viewed folder listings and not poll Asset for changes when browsing.

As far as I can tell Asset does detect addition and removal of albums quickly.

Some settings, under "Options", might help with this:
      "Detect & Catalog New Tracks" - Live monitoring for changes in music folders. It also affects detection of removal of stuff. Make sure that it's on.
      "Forcibly Check for New Tracks Interval (minutes)" - Intended for use when the above isn't working for some reason, set to non-zero to have Asset walk all folders every N minutes checking if anything changed. However, this basically triggers "rescan folders detecting changes", so if that command didn't help, this one probably won't either.

I also recommend enabling logging under "Troubleshooting" and looking at library logs as they will show whether/when Asset picks each change in your music folder, so we can confirm whether it's really Asset not noticing changes.
      Revising this. Have upgraded to R2023-05-15 & the issue persists.

I have a number of apps to browse & they all show deleted albums
      I have tried the suggested "Options" settings but that makes no difference
      I've enabled logging but I'm not sure which log (UPnP or Library) to look at or what to look for

Anyone any ideas?

Comment

• Gidders
        • Aug 2009

BUMP

Can anyone help please

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You can play a deleted album?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gidders
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
            You can play a deleted album?
            No

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Some control points cache the albums, if using one on the phone the easy way to check is to uninstall the control point app, then reinstall.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gidders
                • Aug 2009

Some control points cache the albums, if using one on the phone the easy way to check is to uninstall the control point app, then reinstall.
                I have 4 different control points, I have cleared caches, tried uninstalling & reinstalling.

All 4 apps still show the deleted albums &*128557;

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

You would have to manually trigger a rescan (refresh all) within Asset.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gidders
                    • Aug 2009

Is this a bug in Asset that it doesn't delete, deleted albums? Will it be fixed?

Manually rescanning isn't sufficient - I have to clear the database & fully rebuild it during which time I cant use asset :(

Comment

• GBrown
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Gidders
                      Is this a bug in Asset that it doesn't delete, deleted albums? Will it be fixed?

Manually rescanning isn't sufficient - I have to clear the database & fully rebuild it during which time I cant use asset :(
                      If you delete any file or folder of tracks after Asset has already made a library reference to them, then the only way to remove them from Asset is during a rescan. This is no different than any other indexing system, that has it's own library of data.

Comment

• Gidders
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by GBrown
                        If you delete any file or folder of tracks after Asset has already made a library reference to them, then the only way to remove them from Asset is during a rescan. This is no different than any other indexing system, that has it's own library of data.
                        As stated previously rescanning DOESN'T work - I have to clear the database & totally rebuild it

Surely that shouldn't be necessary

Comment

• PeterP
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jul 2011

Please try Asset R2024 preview-
                          Current version: R2024-03-15 [beta] Download links: Mac (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset UPnP-2024-03-15.dmg) | QNAP (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset_20240315b.qpkg) | Synology (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset-R2024-03-15b-DSM7.spk) | Linux x86 32-bit

Yes, it's going to have to rescan whole library again (database format changed considerably) but once done, changes in your library should be picked up instantly. This includes adding & removal of folder.jpg, which past Asset versions had trouble picking up.
                          If this STILL isn't dropping deleted albums, please enable library logging and recreate offending scenario (delete an album wait a few minutes, confirm that control points still see the album you just deleted), email logs to peter@dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gidders
                            • Aug 2009

Current version: R2024-03-15 [beta] Download links: Mac (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset UPnP-2024-03-15.dmg) | QNAP (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset_20240315b.qpkg) | Synology (https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/Asset-2024-03-15/Asset-R2024-03-15b-DSM7.spk) | Linux x86 32-bit

Yes, it's going to have to rescan whole library again (database format changed considerably) but once done, changes in your library should be picked up instantly. This includes adding & removal of folder.jpg, which past Asset versions had trouble picking up.
                            If this STILL isn't dropping deleted albums, please enable library logging and recreate offending scenario (delete an album wait a few minutes, confirm that control points still see the album you just deleted), email logs to peter@dbpoweramp.com
                            Thanks Peter - now working as expected with that beta version

Comment

• Gidders
                              • Aug 2009

Thanks Peter, now working as expected with that beta version

Comment

Working...

]]>