title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRIP and FLAC: inaccurate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brendianer
    • Jun 2022

AccurateRIP and FLAC: inaccurate

Good day
    I have been ripping all my CDs to FLAC for many years (previously with EAC, now with dBpoweramp).
    It is always annoying when a CD does not match the AccurateRip database. Sometimes you can achieve an improvement with a little toothpaste or generally cleaning the CD.
    With certain CDs, physical damage is visible. Ok.
    But with some CDs nothing is visible. So probably a production problem. But how does a "correct" entry in the AccurateRip database come about?
    This question arises even more for me with the copy-protected CDs, which show one or even all tracks as inaccurate. How does an accurate entry in the database come about?
    And my last question: are there differences in the CD drives? Are there any recommendations?
    Thank you very much.
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: AccurateRIP and FLAC: inaccurate

Originally posted by Brendianer
    I have been ripping all my CDs to FLAC for many years (previously with EAC, now with dBpoweramp).
    It is always annoying when a CD does not match the AccurateRip database. Sometimes you can achieve an improvement with a little toothpaste or generally cleaning the CD.
    Have you tried verifying with CUETools as it can fix some errors.

But how does a "correct" entry in the AccurateRip database come about?
    There are no "correct" entries, all you're trying to do is to match the rip of another user given that it's highly unlikely multiple users encounter exactly the same read errors.

This question arises even more for me with the copy-protected CDs, which show one or even all tracks as inaccurate. How does an accurate entry in the database come about?
    I know there are some protections that can be defeated, but I'd imagine most are where the CDs have been reissued without protection.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: AccurateRIP and FLAC: inaccurate

To appear in the database, once there are 2 submissions for a track, then only ones where 2 or more match are added, this keeps the errors out of the database, that said you would not match to someone elses error.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>