Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of building a machine for ripping my collection. The last I had a count was 2 or 3 years ago and it was close to 3000. I bought a couple of Asus BD - 16D1HT's a year ago but didn't complete it at the time. My intention is to build a machine with 6 optical drive for using the multithread feature of dBpoweramp to rip multiple discs at once. I'm gonna have a couple of drives for ripping rarer, HiRes, format video discs (HD-DVD and BluRay UHD). I already have an LG drive for the HD-DVD's but it's not the best for audio CD's. I intend to get one of the Pioneer 4K UHD BluRay drives as well. This leaves a couple more drives for use exclusively for ripping audio CD's.

CD Drive accuracy 2022 has been released since then so I thought "Great! I can just order a couple of drives from the top of the new list". Not so easy. None of the top 8 or so of the full sized PC drives don't seem to be available to buy in the U.S. I've fount the LG drive LG WH14NS40. Does anyone know if it is the same drive as the HL-DT-ST - BD-RE BH14NS40 listed toward the top of the CD Drive Accuracy 2022 list?

If it's not, can anyone post drives from the list that are currently available in the U.S. or that are available to order from overseas for a reasonable price? I'd really appreciate any guidance.

Also, all I've purchased at this point is a PC case that has space for 6 optical drives and the 2 ASUS drives. If there's a current guide for building a new machine using currently available parts that would be appreciated as well. I'm mainly looking for a parts list. I can handle the building I think. Mainly interested in drive suggestions as well as motherboards and processors. I haven't kept up with what's new with them for years.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed elsewhere. I've looked and really appreciate any suggestions and guidance.

Thanks,
Mike