title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to sort out my library?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How to sort out my library?

In mp3tag, select files, then select "extended tags". If ReplayGain tags are in the files, you'll see them there.

In dbpa, batch converter, select the top directory of all your music files. Then CONVERT and on the next screen that opens up choose for encoder [REPLAY GAIN] in the drop down menu. Under that, for WRITE, choose the option "Track and Album Gain". Under that, click on advanced options, and select: Albums identified by Album ID tag, gain calculation EBU R128. LUFS Target Volume = -18, and do NOT tick "disable clip prevention". Up to you if you want to preserve file modification date. Really only matters if you care about seeing most recently added/modified files in your playback system. It doesn't seem your stuff is that organized right now, so I likely would NOT click the preserve file modification date.

Then just let it run. When you're done you should have both Album and Track RG tags in all your files.

Comment

• DLD-UK
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by garym
      In mp3tag, select files, then select "extended tags". If ReplayGain tags are in the files, you'll see them there.
      I looked there before posint and I can't see anything about replaygain?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DLD-UK
        I looked there before posint and I can't see anything about replaygain?
        If there are no ReplayGain tags in your files (you didn't add them when ripping), then you wouldn't see anything in the tags related to ReplayGain when you examine the tags in mp3tag. Take one of your albums and add RG tags following my earlier instructions, and then look at those files in mp3tag and you'll see what the tags look like. You'll have 4 tags (RG Album, RG Track, and two RG peak tags).

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

"The reason I was looking at alternative is that I need to install Asset (or other DLNA) server for non-squeezebox devices. Can I do that with piCorePlayer?"

I don't think so. But you may not realize that LMS has several plugins that will allow you to use LMS to stream to DLNA players. See:
          This plugin/app integrates UPnP/DLNA players found on your network and let LMS use them as if they were regular Squeezeboxes (they appear as a modified squeezelite instance). The stable version is now part of the 3rd party plugin built-in list, so you should find it in the plugins page. If you want to test the development

Lots of helpful folks on the slimdevices forum to help you if you have questions about this.

Comment

Working...

]]>