title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Copy Control....the Bane of rippers everywhere !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjsingle1
    • Dec 2022

Copy Control....the Bane of rippers everywhere !

I finally came across a CD with it. The complete Pussycat on EMI Netherlands. Has CDripper ( I do have the latest version ) ever incorporated code to overcome this thing? It is a quite old copy protection scheme. I have a variety of cd roms including the latest and greatest and so far errors are the king of the day. Has anyone overcome copy control with this software or any others ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Copy Control....the Bane of rippers everywhere !

Choose the ripping option 'defective by design' (revert back for normal discs).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjsingle1
      • Dec 2022

Originally posted by Spoon
      Choose the ripping option 'defective by design' (revert back for normal discs).
      Thanks I did try it and it worked great....but I did try ISObuster before I did that and it worked just as great

I did not use the latest ver of ISObuster but used the oldest they still let you download

Comment

• pj66300
        • Feb 2023

I was having a similar problem with a number of CDs where it would appear copy protection was being used. Warner seems to be a particular culprit. However I ran the same CDs on another desk top in the house which is equipped with a Pioneer DVR-220RS drive and this seems to be able to read these protected CDs. It seems to spend some time reading the first track at low speed (3.5-4x speed) and after it has worked out the protection it reads the rest of the CD at high speed (20xish). In the TSST corp. CDDVDW SH-S232L in my usual desk top those CDs produce completely errored track results (e.g. 15,000+ errored frames) and it is impossible to rip the CD. So it does appear that certain models of internal CD/DVD drives work without a problem and others cannot read the protected CDs. Of course that Pioneer drive is no longer current and I don't know whether the current Pioneer models will work in the same way.

Comment

Working...

]]>